B. Nursing (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hi!

I'm looking at finishing my B. Nursing at a Sydney Uni (due to cost of living out of home) and am looking at which Uni I'd want to transfer to - esspecially between UWS and Wollongong. First off, anyone whos at UWS doing nursing - what do you think of the course? enjoy it? how much pracs do you get?

And the second thing is, the links to the course handbook on the site aren't working, and I need to course outline to see how it matches to CSU (in regards to credit) and what areas the University focuses on.

Thanks for your help!

WR

klh

HSC
Hi, sorry i cant be of any help now, the uws site aint working prob. due to some fix upping of its site, i have a suspicion that its changing its names of the schools so that might be it.
I have the handbook but im too lazy to type them up but here goes:
Yr1:
Nursing context1, nursing scince 1&2 and N Therapeutics1. Autmun sem
N Context2, N science3&4, N therapeutics 2. Spring Sem
Yr2:
N Context3, N Therapeutics 3&4&5. Aut sem
N Context4, N Therapeutics 6&7 + 1 elective. spring sem
Yr3:
N Context5, N Therapuetics8&9 + 1 elective.aut sem
N Context 6&7, N therapeutics 10&11.

Note: N=nursing, just i shortened them.
2nd. this is the 2004 handbook outline, not too sure about any changes.

Accreditation: Nurse registration board NSW, eligible for List A registered nurse.

electives: [the campus means where the units are available.]
-Drugs on Line, Bugs and Drugs, Child and Family health. All campuses.
-Womens health, Gerontology, Client Practitioner interation. H'bury campus.
-Paediatric care, isues in disability, Critical reflection in nursing practice , program planning and evaluation. Parra

for those students who cary their enrolment, they must complete a core N Therapeutics 12 to show current competency.

Credit: max is 2/3 of the total degree. e.g. 14 units, 2/3 of 24 is 16 units .

hope it helps for now...

White Rabbit said:
what do you think of the course? enjoy it? how much pracs do you get?
haii i do b.N at UWS parra, first year...

the course - i like the course a lot, the subjects we do, are all really interesting and fairly easy. last semester i did subjects like: psychology, human anatomy, nursing and the law and nursing therapeutics (the prac skills, communication skills etc). the lecturers and tutors are all really nice and and helpful so it will be easy for you to fit in.

pracs - if u mean by classes - we get prac classes once a week, for 2 hours. but if ur talking about clinical, like going out to hospitals and stuf, well last semester we got one week of work experience, i donno if this is the same case with the 2nd & 3rd years.

hopefully u've understood what the hell i wrote.. sorri :p, if uve got more q's just ask..

toodlez!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yep, thanks for that everyone! Site's back up now, thanks klh.

Wasn't there a time when UWS did nursing at Nepean? (Kingswood/Werrington) If not, I'd probably be looking Bankstown. Nat, if you're still in touch with your roomie, can you ask where she did prac? (clinical placement)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)