B of Justice Studies. (1 Viewer)

Ennaoj

HSC
Hello All!

I was hoping to hear from anyone at the moment who is studying or knows a fair bit about the courses for entry into the NSW Police that CSU offers. I have my heart absolutely set on getting into these courses and it was my major motivation for going back to school after leaving due to illness. I have been on the NSW Police website, but i would love some more information from a first-hand perspective from students and any advice they have to offer.
Also, I have been searching on the CSU site and can not find any information regarding 2007 schloarships. There is only 2006. Does anyone know what i can do, when i can apply and any more information about CSU Bathurst.

I would love you hear from anyone out there! :)

littlebear1107

HSC
To get into the NSW police force you can either do the Bachelor of policing practice where you go straight to Goulbourn police college or you can go to CSU and do the bachelor of justice studies (policing) which is what i believe you would want to do. For this degree you spend 2 years at CSU in Bathurst and then go to Goulburn, where you'll get credit for courses already done at uni. The benefit of this is that you will have a degree behind you and it looks good if you want to move up the ladder later on within the police force. If you're not positive that you want to go into the police force but want to leave that option open, CSU also offer a bachelor of social science in criminal justice. This allows you to take a policing elective in the second year if you wish but also leads to other career paths, e.g. juvenile justice. This is a 3 year degree. B of justice studies and B of criminal justice are exactly the same in the first year, so you can switch between the up until the end of your first year without having to repeat anything if you change your mind or believe you will not meet police professional suitability.

Bathurst is a very social campus and i am yet to meet anyone who does not love uni life.

I don't know about scholarships. If you want to know more post your email address and I can answer any specific questions you have about the course (i do the b of justice studies at Bathurst). Otherwise give CSU a call and ask to speak to the course co-ordinator for any courses you're interested in. Calling the campus is also the best way to check application dates and so on, as they may not yet be released and can change.

Hope that helps! Good luck with it all.

Ennaoj

HSC
Thanks heaps!
Both ur replies were very helpful.
Miss GTR, i am orginally form Lithgow, went to primary school there. What school did you go to ?

kaylz

HSC
miss_gtr said:
They tell you about scholarships after you have started your degree..
Yeah, but it helps to find out about it beforehand. I missed the cutoff date because we were so busy in O-week and the next week that it completely slipped my mind.

Ennaoj

HSC
Really?
Well i have been on the CSU website and the information all relates to last year.
Can you tell me what you know about it? Or where i can find out some better information?

kaylz

HSC
Actually, the scholarships officer is Gaye Noise (sp?), a name that stuck in my head for obvious reasons. You can call her to get the up to date info. I think applications for continuers open in october and they close for all some time in february. I guess you'd just get the info off of the website and assume it'll be similar for the next year - you don't need to worry about it too much now, just know that the deadline can sneak up on you with everything that goes on in that first week or so.

kylie_robbo

Get in contact with the Equity Officer - they deal with a majority of the scholarships.

The Equity Officer in Wagga is Dave Dorman. Don't know the name of Bathurst or Albury sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)