• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Science, need more info please. (1 Viewer)

flabbergasted

HSC
I am thinking of doing B Science (environmental biology/enviromental forencis/marine biology). (The UAI for this is 71.60. ) or B Science (urban ecology)

Can some please explain more about these courses for me, and if they find it interesting.

It says recommended HSC maths ext 1 and Chemistry, however i did not do both of these subjects but I got a band 5 in biology though.

Will i find this course really hard then? I mean does it really involve alot of maths and chemistry?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you think you would not be able to cope with the high level of maths and chem, then its suitable for you to take the bridging course during the holidays. That way, when uni starts, youll be much more prepared and hence you wont struggle as much than when you dont do the bridging course.

krayzie_

HSC
I'll expand on that.

No if you go to lectures you will be fine. Chemistry is basically revision. It may be abit hard at first but if you go to lectures things will be fine. CHEMISTRY 2 is different though =O *no comment* The lecturers are fine but some of the content might be abit hard to grasp at first but we all managed to pass. =]
Maths - The only maths I did was Statistics and it was damn easy. I mean easy - I didn't study and got a D
Bio - you did well in your HSC so you will be fine

The B.Science degree is alright you won't need to choose any major area of study till year two so you will be doing the base core subjects and when it comes time for you to choose you will have a good idea of what you want to do!

If you want anything else in more detail - post again.

krayzie_

HSC
Oh yea about the Bridging courses - They are not that useful, I was naturally panicking on the first few days of uni during chemistry, however I missed all the bridging courses but I was still able to purchase the lecture notes you get for the course and I'm telling you know its very very similar to what you get in the lectures, so don't waste your time or your money =O Well actually get the booklet but don't go to the course - the stuff in the booklet is STRAIGHT out, and I mean very very simple if you don't understand the booklet then :O

I didn't do any sciences and it turned out ok =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)