B. Science-psychology and B.Psychology (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
hey was jus wondering ive been looking thru UAC about B. Science-psychology i just want to know this whats the difference between that and a B.psychology
like it says if you do a B. Science-psychology you dont get recognized as "psychologist"

but if you do an honors which will be 4 years does that give you the title of psychologist, i no uni is far away for me but this thing i dont quite get i asked Maq uni but they jus sent me a link to website and said the info would be there any 1 doing b.Psych could clarify plz ty :)

v4g1n4

HSC
N/A
B. Science (Psychology) => Science degree with a psych major
B. Psych => psych major + elective minor(s)
It doesn't really matter which one you do as you'd (most likely) be doing the same psych subjects in each degree.

To be a fully registered psychologist you need at least 7 years study: 3 years undergrad (with psych major/psych degree) => 1 year honours/grad dip => at least 2 years postgrad (e.g. masters)

It doesn't matter what the Bachelors degree is as long as you have a psych major.

4 years (with honours) won't give you full registration as a psychologist.

chyeah

HSC
I'm at Mac. I am currently enrolled in Bachelor of Arts-Psych, so pretty much normal arts degree with a Psych major. B Science-Psych is the same, science degree with major in psychology.

BA-Psych and B Sci-Psych are only 3 year degrees. You have the opportunity if you get all credit average for the 3 years to get into 4th year honours.

If you get into Bachelor of Psych, its the same course as BA-Psych and B Sci-Psych, but you have had to get a better mark (UAI). Even if you do get into Bachelor of Psych (4 years), it does not guarantee you will do honours, you still must get the credit average in all Psych Subjects including statistics. So you must make sure you are up on your statistics, as you cannot go on without passing statistics.

So pretty much, B Psych, BA-Psych and B Sci-Psych are all the same course for the first 3 years. It just depends if you want the 4th year honours which you need to become a psychologist.

To become a psychologist, you need 4 year undergraduate degree with honours (4th year). Then 2 years in either practical (under the eye of a registered psychologist) or postgraduate study.

So it really depends, if you want a 3 year psychology degree, do it. But you won't have many related job opportunities, as you are not recognised as a psychologist.

It was extremely competitive to get in at the end of 3rd year. You must keep the credit average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)