B social science.. anyone? (1 Viewer)

dorablogz

HSC
what is this course like?
what career would i be able to pursue after completition?
very demanding?
help?

Sabbo

HSC
Not sure if the course differs between unis. I do it at UWS

I really like the course. Lots of different units to choose from

Careers...too many to mention. Depends what you major in I guess (criminology, sociology, humanitarian & peace studies,....)

I haven't done any other degrees so I can't really compare it. I find it quite manageable.

http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=1634 << Gives you some details

ALLLICE

HSC
I'm doing a B Soc Sc at Macquarie but I intend to transfer into combined law next yr (I just need to get a credit average this yr :))...this degree's pretty flexible it's an idea though to figure out what you want to major in early on as units later on need other units as prerequisites, etc. Anyway, the B Soc Sc focuses on stuff like sociology, human geography, demography, etc. This degree offers prospects in the public service industry (government jobs) and stuff like teaching too I guess if you get a dip ed with this degree. I just chose it cos the subjects and flexibility of the degree looked cool to me.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I totally read this as "B Social Scene" and thought you were trying to be funny.

Dyslexia FTW!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I started off in a B Social Science/ B Laws and am now doing B arts/b laws but am doing a soc sci major in my arts degree.

Career all depends what major you chose.
Good thing about it is it pretty flexible and not too demanding. Reading can be heavy but you can expect that from humanities subjects. They often have take home exams which is good.

If you have anything about a Criminology major at UWS or Sociology major at Macquarie, I will try and help.

dorablogz

HSC
thankyou for your help, i really appreciate it! so i was thinking about sociology.. i was just unsure what kind of jobs i would be able to get after completion? ahh confusion!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)