BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

steph:an:ie

HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

lol i got in first go at arnd 11 o clock =]
i was completely prepare for the constant dialling too!

congrats everyone

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

i tried at 4 today and i got first call =]
So just to clarify, it's like 200 people that got selected? out of how many?
I know like 8 other people at my school applied and they were HEAPS smart like one of the girl has a 100% average on her accounting course but she didn't get in.

So how many of you guys actually want to do 'accounting' as in..tax files, etc?
congrats again

BaCC 07~~
HSC

zdzislaw said:
i tried at 4 today and i got first call =]
So just to clarify, it's like 200 people that got selected? out of how many?
I know like 8 other people at my school applied and they were HEAPS smart like one of the girl has a 100% average on her accounting course but she didn't get in.

So how many of you guys actually want to do 'accounting' as in..tax files, etc?
congrats again
Congrats to all who got 1st round interviews. On average, 300-400 people are asked to come in for interviews.

For the interviews, remember, you love accounting. Go along the lines of "accounting completes me." *Tip: Accounting is a very general field, and sets the basic foundations to any business related career. As such, it offers many opportunities and different career paths.

Allan vB

HSC

The email that we recieved telling us that we'd got an interview said that out of 500 who applied about 200 got an interview... So the odds were against us the and they're certainly agains us now... How do the really good students stand out from the good students?

They said that they're looking to take 35 BAccs, but they took 41 people in this year... ??

I actually want to do accounting, but more in a finance-related role... I said this on my app form, so I guess they didn't mind. Accounting is essential to almost every business so it's a great way to diversify your options.

The email says that we have to email a copy of the part B form... Using Adobe Acrobat Reader, it's supposed to be saveable but I just can't work out how... is anyone else having this problem? Perhaps I'll have to mail it in, heaven forbid! lol...

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Allan vB said:
The email that we recieved telling us that we'd got an interview said that out of 500 who applied about 200 got an interview... So the odds were against us the and they're certainly agains us now... How do the really good students stand out from the good students?

They said that they're looking to take 35 BAccs, but they took 41 people in this year... ??

The email says that we have to email a copy of the part B form... Using Adobe Acrobat Reader, it's supposed to be saveable but I just can't work out how... is anyone else having this problem? Perhaps I'll have to mail it in, heaven forbid! lol...
Well, obviously the numbers quoted who get interviews/ receives places are based on what happened in previous years...its not an indication it'll be same this year.

There's been a bug with saving those Adobe forms. Perhaps copy and paste into a word document. Or fill the form out, print it out, scan it into a computer to resend.

HSC

yeah, i had the same problem with the application form so i've decided to go snail mail along with the confirmation of interview.

as for me, i'm doing accounting for the auditing aspect - combination of economics and legal studies my favourite subjects.

anyone attending BAcc revue night ?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

EEK! I mailed my 2 part B forms in...i COuldn't send via Adobe.
So do they think I'm a total idiot now?_?

dingusmagee

HSC

YEAH! I got an interview to!

I can't save Part B on the computer either so I'm just sending it in.

Not sure about that night tho...

cat2046

HSC

I got an interview as well.
I might be going the revue night.

Also congrats to everyone who got an interview.

HSC

zdzislaw said:
EEK! I mailed my 2 part B forms in...i COuldn't send via Adobe.
So do they think I'm a total idiot now?_?
lol dw i'll join you =]. my abode doesn't let me save so i'm gonna send in 2 copies of part b and the confirmation form. we're in this together!

Allan vB

HSC

Yeah, I'm going to send part B in to UTS via mail... bloody Adobe, eughh! Do we have to send two copies? I faxed my confirmation of interview time sheet in yesterday... everything is happening so suddenly!

Not sure about the revue night at the moment, thought I'd like to go.

What is everyone going to do to prepare for the interview. Since we're all in this together I'm sure people won't minds sharing a few tactics around. So pumped for the interview. It's strange to think that we'll know if we have an offer by the beginning of next term... hmm, growing up!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

u guys probably have Adobe Reader. And the free versions of this software do not allow to save any changes!!! arggghh!

i had to type out my whole form at school and save it ther... im sure all ur schools have subscription softwares so do your forms at school! when r ur interviews? mines 9th july 11.25

cat2046

HSC

haiderr said:
u guys probably have Adobe Reader. And the free versions of this software do not allow to save any changes!!! arggghh!

i had to type out my whole form at school and save it ther... im sure all ur schools have subscription softwares so do your forms at school! when r ur interviews? mines 9th july 11.25
I have the subscription to Adobe, but it still wouldn't let me save it. However I have apple computers does that effect it.

My interview is on the 9th July(wednesday) at 2:20

HSC

my interview's on tuesday at 1:35. just a question for current BAcc students, any words of wisdom?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

steph:an:ie said:
lol dw i'll join you =]. my abode doesn't let me save so i'm gonna send in 2 copies of part b and the confirmation form. we're in this together!
lol yay yay
I'm on the same day :D at 12.15 from memory...

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

Allan vB said:
Yeah, I'm going to send part B in to UTS via mail... bloody Adobe, eughh! Do we have to send two copies? I faxed my confirmation of interview time sheet in yesterday... everything is happening so suddenly!

Not sure about the revue night at the moment, thought I'd like to go.

What is everyone going to do to prepare for the interview. Since we're all in this together I'm sure people won't minds sharing a few tactics around. So pumped for the interview. It's strange to think that we'll know if we have an offer by the beginning of next term... hmm, growing up!
I know. I totally agree its all happening heaps fast and we're growing up.
WAHH hahaz but dw you'll be fine :) we all will be fine.
I'm calling my cuz 2morrow and she's an interview expert lol so i'll make sure I share a few tips kk

HSC

congrats to everyone who got an interview! =)
mine's tuesday 8th july at 2:20, from memory. lol
i wanna go to the revue, just to see what its like.
but i have a massive assignment due on monday. so i cant. ><

im pretty pumped but also nervous about the interview.
i haven't had one in aaaages.
(the last time was in around year 8 when i lived in new zealand)

hahha. butterflies in my tummy much? =(

SUIT SHOPPING.
yeah baby! =)
hahah. im excited about this =D

but yeah, how scary to think that we'll know whether we have a place or not before term 3 starts. =|

good luck. and congratulations once again. =)

HSC

zdzislaw i like ur tagline 'i made purple alphabet soup and tipped it on the lawn. because i'm so post-modern'. just noticed, lol ext english? it's a pain

Last edited:

3li

HSC
N/A

steph:an:ie said:
my interview's on tuesday at 1:35. just a question for current BAcc students, any words of wisdom?
just be cool and ull get in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)