Bachelor of Arts at ANU - First Years 2009 (1 Viewer)

Madek

HSC
Pretty similar; I'll be doing 3 majors - Political Science, Spanish, and Contemporary Europe.

And I'll be staying at Bruce.
Yeah I was thinking French or Russian.

And I wanted to stay at Bruce, but at this stage that doesn't look like happening.

bluemonday

HSC
Hmm...I guess I'll wait for the enrolment pack and decide whether to go to the information thing based on that. I have a very limited understanding of how many subjects you pick and in what structure, but I'm assuming that will all be explained in the pack.

I'm looking at doing German, American Studies and Political Science.

EDIT: Do they only send you an enrolment pack if you've accepted the offer, or are they sent to everyone who got an offer? I desperately need more confirmation that my offer acceptance has been received, it's driving me mad.

Madek

HSC
EDIT: Do they only send you an enrolment pack if you've accepted the offer, or are they sent to everyone who got an offer? I desperately need more confirmation that my offer acceptance has been received, it's driving me mad.
I have no idea. After you accepted the offer on the ANU website there was a page that gave you confirmation or something if I remember correctly.

Maybe email them or something to check.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I just got the pack and included in it are details how to accept the offer. So they must send it regardless of whether or not you accepted the offer.

I don’t like how the confirmation worked either, when I accepted and filled out all my details and submitted it, it just came back with confirmation that it was submitted and not to contact them.

The good news is in the “pack” the first sheet with my details on has my ANU student number, so I assume that means it’s all accepted ok?

The bad news about the pack is that it’s basically just the booklets that you can already download from the website, for all course details and subjects etc you have to look in the handbook (not in the pack) you can buy it or download it here: http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/handbook/2009/2009HB.pdf

The handbook has all details on each degree, how many majors/subjects you need to pick, what subjects you need to pick and then details on every single course and subject.

Also, for anyone who has decided (or has an idea) of what subjects you want, you can put them into the timetable generator and get an idea of how your week will be here: TIC - Home @ ANU

bluemonday

HSC
Thanks mate

I just sent them an email asking to confirm my offer acceptance.

For those doing a straight Arts degree, what sort of employment are you looking at? Or graduate study?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
PS:

This is what is in the pack: (you can download most of it also)

1: Enrolment Registration form with your details and student ID
2: Page about accepting the offer correcting a date printed in the “How to accept your offer” booklet
3: 2009 How to accept your offer and enrol booklet: http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/enrolments/instructions/2009Accept.pdf
4: 2009 First Year course planner: http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/enrolments/instructions/2009planner.pdf
5: 2009 Orientation booklet: http://orientationweek.anu.edu.au/oweekprogram2009.pdf
6: Students Association info

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
Is anyone here going to the "Pre Enrolment Advice Day" on the 2nd of February for Arts/Science students?

Does anyone know when the enrolment packs are sent, and when we get some confirmation that our offer acceptance has been received?

Cheers

Hey I'm going to that next Monday!

Enrolment packs will be sent to your address within 8 days of your offer being accepted.

When you accepted your offer on-line on the ANU website, you would of recieved a prompt saying that you offer has been accepted... If that makes sense...

Andi0390

HSC
I got an offer in the late round.

If I accept it I will do Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology and International Relations, if its balances out.

Not sure if I will take it though.

fleurpower

HSC
I am doing the straight Arts degree too!

=]

Staying at Unilodge, Davey, 5 share... anyone else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)