Bachelor of Medical Sciences combined Bachelor of International Studies (1 Viewer)

wine

HSC
Hello,

I was looking through my UAC book and came across the description for this double degree in international studies and medical sciences, but I'd already missed the UTS open day so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this course involves? Someone told me that UTS doesn't have the same anatomy resources as somewhere like USYD or UNSW, therefore it's not as good on the medical science front....

I was also wondering, what are the kinds of careers this degree could lead into?

jerresaaa

HSC
Hey I'm also interested in this course + I went to the UTS open day. I've heard UTS has really good connections for science though not too sure about the international side. If I get the ATAR for this course, I'm planning to use medical science as a platform for nutrition or radiopharmaceutical science (post grad work). I'm considering the double degree as I'm interesting in learning more about the global community :)

wine

HSC
Hey I'm also interested in this course + I went to the UTS open day. I've heard UTS has really good connections for science though not too sure about the international side. If I get the ATAR for this course, I'm planning to use medical science as a platform for nutrition or radiopharmaceutical science (post grad work). I'm considering the double degree as I'm interesting in learning more about the global community :)
Hey, yeah I'm considering the course if I don't get into my first preference, which is Speech Therapy. It just seems pretty huge to do a 5 year full-time undergrad, and THEN do a masters/post-grad. That's 8 or so years of university without a real income...I've heard that there aren't many job opportunities with MedSci, and I really want to work with people and I feel like most jobs that come off of this are research based...I'm obsessed with the idea of the international studies, but I guess if I do my original plan, I can do a semester on exchange...I don't know, it's so hard to know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)