Bachelor of Pharmacy & Bachelor of Science? (1 Viewer)

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
So, in my words, both a BSc (pharmacology) graduate and a BPharm graduate will not be able to work in research (but will have some research knowledge) unless both have completed an honours degree
I would still say that if you have a BSc, it's much easier if you complete an honours year. Having regard to what I've just posted above about the internships and on-the-job training programs they've got at pharmaceuticals like GSK, they do hire BPharms right off the bat as far as I am aware. I think the most important thing they look at are your marks to try and determine your potential for development in the company.

I'm assuming many, if not all, BSc (pharmacology) graduates will do.
As a matter of fact, most BSc students don't go on to complete honours year, this includes pharmacology majors. Most go on to other completely different or unrelated areas after completing the BSc. Only a very few go on to complete honours, and fewer still go on to complete a PhD.

BPharm grads usually just work in local pharmacies.etc. Can you clarify this?
Yes, at the pharmacy/chemist shop, or at a pharmacy dept of a major hospital, or they go on to further postgrad study at uni, or they work at pharmaceuticals like the ones I mentioned above.

danielak

HSC
Fantastic answers, RogueAcademic and Survivor39. Once again, you guys have given me full and clear answers and more. Thanks so much.

I'll apologise in advance if I have another noob question I need answering, haha.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
I suppose after all this, you're just going to end up joining the circus anyway, tour the world with Cirque du Soleil. :) Ah well, that could be a fun job.

Speaking of which, if you do decide the circus is the career for you, bring on the noob questions. :)

danielak

HSC
Are you trying to get free tickets in advance for when I become Cirque du Soleil's star performer? =P

Thanks again.

Tim035

HSC
I havn't clicked on that link but a good friend of mine got a 99.2 UAI in.... 2005, had no idea what he wanted to do with his life so went to melbourne where they offer a bachelor of circus; I havn't talked to him much since but his brother said he loves it and is making decent money just at the moment as a stunt man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)