Bachelor of Science(advanced) combined with Bachelor Commerce too general ? (1 Viewer)

irenefu

HSC
Uni preferences close in a few hours, but I'm still unsure which degree I should put my preferences...

I wanted to do the Science Advanced degree since I had an interest in science, but didn't do any of the sciences for my HSC, and didn't want to completely close off that field for uni. But I don't know which specific science I'm interested in, so considered Bachelor of Science or Bsc adv.
However my big brother who also did this degree said it's too general, and it's very difficult for graduates to secure employment.. and same goes for the Bachelor of Commerce. So now I'm unsure whether to put it as my preference... Would anyone else agree with my brother's argument?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
most of the jobs in science are research except maybe psychology and there are plenty of jobs in commerce, you just need good marks+extras to get the good ones

if you're unsure do commerce/science

adv sci is pretty much the same as normal sci

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Kaz is right with Commerce. It's definitely one of the most employable degrees available. Not sure what your brother is thinking.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Do remember there are thousands of graduates each year in Commerce. How will you differentiate yourself from the other random Commerce student in your class, who may be gunning for the same job as you?

Just remember that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)