Bachelor of Science Information Technology (1 Viewer)

help_me_please

it nerd
HSC
if you have questions, post them up here - i'm fairly knowledgable about the course.

each subject costs about $950 (changes every year with inflation etc). you do 4 subjects a semester and 8 subjects a year.. the BScIT goes for 3 years with a extra year for the diploma (where you get paid)

shifty-Asian

HSC
How does the the BScIT differ from BIT? What do you learn in BScIT?

shifty-Asian

HSC
Ohhh thanks! Ummm I have more questions.. :SDo you think it'd be worth doing the DipITPP? Do you have to find your own job or will they place you somewhere? ..and then what happens? =/...The Diploma assists you with your industry experience? (Quote: This incorporates a minimum of nine months' full-time work experience with four supporting subjects at UTS.)

I'm also thinking of doing BScIt and BBus...But that would take 5 years including the DipITPP...So would the BBus be beneficial in securing me an IT based job based on business? Or could i just get away with doing a BScIT, because there seems to be alot of business-based subjects within it..And.. if I still can't seem to make up my mind would it be easier for me to do BScIT and then later take up BBus..or will it be hard to get into..compared to doing the double degree but wasting money and time if i decide to drop business? :S
Woah these are alot of questions...thanks for taking the time to read and answer them :D I hope nothing is confusing..

Last edited:

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Ohhh thanks! Ummm I have more questions.. :SDo you think it'd be worth doing the DipITPP? Do you have to find your own job or will they place you somewhere? ..and then what happens? =/...The Diploma assists you with your industry experience? (Quote: This incorporates a minimum of nine months' full-time work experience with four supporting subjects at UTS.)
It's definitely worth taking the Diploma in IT Professional Practice, assuming you find a job relevant to the career you'd like to see yourself in. It'd not do you terribly well to find a job programming in C++ when you'd like to have a career in, for instance, networking. As far as I'm aware, it is your task to find a job. There are staff members who can give you advice, or show you where to look, but I'm almost certain they will not actively find a job for you. After that, you pretty much take a year out of uni to work, and complete a few diploma subjects and when you graduate, you'll come out with a diploma and a degree, as well as at least 9 months experience over anybody who didn't find a job.

I'm also thinking of doing BScIt and BBus...But that would take 5 years including the DipITPP...So would the BBus be beneficial in securing me an IT based job based on business? Or could i just get away with doing a BScIT, because there seems to be alot of business-based subjects within it..And.. if I still can't seem to make up my mind would it be easier for me to do BScIT and then later take up BBus..or will it be hard to get into..compared to doing the double degree but wasting money and time if i decide to drop business? :S
Woah these are alot of questions...thanks for taking the time to read and answer them :D I hope nothing is confusing..
I was faced with this dilemma, also. Ultimately, I dropped the business part of my degree, as I was doing it more for security than anything. If you're really interested in, say, programming, taking Business would not be a great move, but it wouldn't be a poor one, either. However, the Business Information Systems Management major would go extremely well with the business degree, if you're so inclined to take another year (and sacrifice electives in the process). If you're hesitant, I would definitely recommend taking the combined degree. It is a lot easier to drop the business half than to take it up later. Also, good news is that you won't really be wasting your time and money. I had completed a year of the combined degree, or 4 business subjects, failed one, but was credited three when I transferred to the single IT degree (as in, three of the four business subjects I had taken became electives that UTS acknowledged I had already completed).

shifty-Asian

HSC
Ohh woow :D thanks so much! That was really helpful... I think I'm going to choose the double degree and the diploma now :) Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions :)

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
if you have questions, post them up here - i'm fairly knowledgable about the course.

each subject costs about $950 (changes every year with inflation etc). you do 4 subjects a semester and 8 subjects a year.. the BScIT goes for 3 years with a extra year for the diploma (where you get paid)
How much do you get paid? Is it a proper job with proper pay or is it one of those "work like a slave because you're still sort of a student" jobs?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
The estimate is about $30,000, but it varies. They can't pay you less than minimum wage, obviously, but it's also a job you have to find yourself, which means it's no different than if you took a year off from university, except the job has to be acceptable for the diploma, and you have to take a few subjects relating to working in the field (and, of course, you get a diploma).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)