Backpacks for uni (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
theres nothing wrong with a school bag tbh. Its just practical

rajputsingh

HSC
Im looking at getting a i think they are called messenger backs like the ones with one strap thing designed by lonsdale rebel sport have really good ones from $99

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Raven3333 said:
What happens when you need to bring a 600 page text book for a tute
Just download the electronic version of the textbook.

Pen + paper + usb stick (if your labs/tutes have computers...i'm a comp sci/engineering student so that's usually the case).

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
umm i am just going to use my handbag, and put my notes or laptop (not sure if i am going to take it) in that

queenrayan

HSC
N/A
for girls: an oversized handbag is great. you can get ones with short handles and long adjustable handles that can be detatched. they are great.
for guys: any bag is fine. it depends on your style and what makes you comfortable.
and about textbooks, just carry them in your arms!

newmz89

Beer
HSC
I just take pen and paper. Learnt not to take my laptop to uni after first semester of 1st year. was way to distracting lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I don't understand how people can not take a bag to uni, not even a little one. How would you get through the day?

I can't leave the house unless I have at least got my wallet and my phone (minimum) and preferably my ipod and/or book for the train and a bottle of water, maybe some food as well. I don't have enough pockets/hands for all of that plus books etc.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
yeah. it's a rare day i dont take my backpack with me to uni. it's only small, but if i want to carry my laptop, some paper, some pens, food and water i need more than just fingers and pockets.

if i dont take a bag it's because i have, like, 1 hour of uni that day, and i'm driving rather than catching the train.

r.uss

HSC
Exphate said:
Idiot.

Use a school bag if you're taking that much shit. Else just do what Rafy et. al. do. CARRY SHIT.
Peasant.

Why wouldn't I just put it in my bag since I've already bought one?

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
i use a caribee backpack.

i hate those people walking around in shoulder bags packed with heavy books. it shows they care more about "looking cool" than whether they're hurting their shoulders or spending the day uncomfortable.

HSC
Caribee ftmfw
lulz, that said I bought an element backpack haha. Its comfy though...

This will sound so gay and typical first year question but like what stationery should we buy? Just books and pens? And is it better to have one of those like 5 in one lecture books or a folder with removable books?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
books and pens are fine. I used a separate exercise book for each subject, but for my first week at uni last year i brought 1 exercise book for the first week, for general notes, then once i got the feel of lectures i started bringing a book for each. Up to u if u want 5-in-1 lecture books, but its probably better getting separate, since u probably wont have all ur different subjects in 1 day, less to carry.
Pens are fine, highlighers if ur interested.

In terms of bag, bring an over-the-shoulder bag. It looks silly wearing a school-like backpack, unless u need a big bag for lab gear and laptop and whatever, then its acceptable :)

HSC
books and pens are fine. I used a separate exercise book for each subject, but for my first week at uni last year i brought 1 exercise book for the first week, for general notes, then once i got the feel of lectures i started bringing a book for each. Up to u if u want 5-in-1 lecture books, but its probably better getting separate, since u probably wont have all ur different subjects in 1 day, less to carry.
Pens are fine, highlighers if ur interested.

In terms of bag, bring an over-the-shoulder bag. It looks silly wearing a school-like backpack, unless u need a big bag for lab gear and laptop and whatever, then its acceptable :)
I see heaps of people with backpacks at uni:confused:

I think I'll alternate between it and my messenger bag anyway... depending on timetable for that time.. I'm doing a science course so yeah I'll probably need that kinda gear at some point. I tend to bring a few things with me like iPod, water, wallet, food, books, pencil case etc.. so like, uni stuff + typical girl things :eek:

I spent $50 on that backpack, I'm gonna make use of it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lol, girl stuff.

I havnt noticed many ppl wearing backpacks thruought my first year last year... some backpacks, majority over the shoulder, then ppl with unsw arc bags that game with union memberhsip..

HSC
ipod/fone/wallet i just jam in my pockets lol.

yeh alternating is good.
Lol typical boy. I hate carrying everything in pockets... and many of my clothes dont have pockets! = need bag.

lol, girl stuff.

I havnt noticed many ppl wearing backpacks thruought my first year last year... some backpacks, majority over the shoulder, then ppl with unsw arc bags that game with union memberhsip..

Yeah but I'm more for practicality than fashion. I don't want a sore shoulder the whole day!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Lol typical boy. I hate carrying everything in pockets... and many of my clothes dont have pockets! = need bag.
i almost always wear cargos, so plenty of pockets for me lol.

Yeah but I'm more for practicality than fashion. I don't want a sore shoulder the whole day!
Hence my left trap muscle being larger than my right, lol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hang on, this thread is in the fashion/beauty section, lol!

In that case, over the shoulder makes u look cool.

HSC
I don't understand how people can not take a bag to uni, not even a little one. How would you get through the day?

I can't leave the house unless I have at least got my wallet and my phone (minimum) and preferably my ipod and/or book for the train and a bottle of water, maybe some food as well. I don't have enough pockets/hands for all of that plus books etc.
I agree - minimum that I need to leave the house is wallet + phone + ipod + sunnies + water - let alone anything required specifically for uni/work etc.

soporific

HSC
whatever you do DON'T get a country road bag.. it kills your shoulders.

i cringe everytime i recollect the pain!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)