bad mark in yr11, good mark in yr12 (1 Viewer)

Seemzta

Is there anyone out there that got a really bad mark in yr 11 but then studied really hard and went on to get a really good mark in the hsc? If so, could u please give me any tips on how to do good in hsc maths. at the moment im struggling, i used to be good at maths and then i stopped paying attention and screwed up major in 2 unit maths for yr 11, so im hoping to turn things around this yr. So if anyone can help me out i would be very thankful.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The first thing to do is to start PAYING ATTENTION again!
Grab the pink Phoenix 2U past papers by topic, and everytime u complete a topic in class, grab that book and attempt the questions from that topic (remembering that these are real HSC questions)
If u have any trouble with them, u should go back to the textbook and revise, or see your teacher

needtostudy

well i got band 4 for 2 unit hsc in year 11 and i was very disapointed i must do better this year !
just go at revision and drill and make sure you understand the concepts and you will do fine.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
me :)
i was pretty much failing EVERYTHING in yr11 maths...always came like...around 35th outta 40 students..
but when it was yr12..i started doing abit of revision before my exams..etc etc..
managed to get a band 6 for hsc..
but seriously..2 unit isnt difficult at all..
just memorise your formulaes and you're like 80% there already

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jay2000
me :)
i was pretty much failing EVERYTHING in yr11 maths...always came like...around 35th outta 40 students..
but when it was yr12..i started doing abit of revision before my exams..etc etc..
managed to get a band 6 for hsc..
but seriously..2 unit isnt difficult at all..
just memorise your formulaes and you're like 80% there already
year 11: i came 92nd out of 104
including year 10 accelerants,
year 11 accelerants (including my class)
all of year 12 2u

this year im improving :)
i'm actually *working* now hehehe

im aiming for a band 5-6 too :D

kevinexcs

for 2unit i was comming in the middle of the grade 20th and for 3unit was also in the middle. all i did in yr 11 was play games =/
currently in yr 12 started paying attention more in tutor and school, also doing all my hw, now comming first/second/third in 2unit and 3unit...just hope i can keep it up

aaaman

Banned
HSC
its like now da more u put in the more ur gonna get ur ranking going

FinalFantasy

HSC
did i read wrong or is dis post original made:
13th January 2003, 12:20 PM

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
maths is [i think] the only subject they can ask you Q's from the prelim course. while others can't, but can kind of relate it a bit, like, require the understanding of the prelim stuff.

so, if you want to do good in the HSC, you will definitely have to go back study yr 11 stuff. even for just yr 12, a lot of stuff overlaps. review it! sorry if i sound like i'm nagging you, but you really do need to be up to scratch with the yr 11 topics. go to the library once a wk with your friends and go over what you learnt in yr 11, do many Qs with them so you can ask for help with them there, until you feel more confident with it. then you can go less often, until you can just do Qs at home.

azza_3761

HSC
Minai said:
The first thing to do is to start PAYING ATTENTION again!
Grab the pink Phoenix 2U past papers by topic, and everytime u complete a topic in class, grab that book and attempt the questions from that topic (remembering that these are real HSC questions)
If u have any trouble with them, u should go back to the textbook and revise, or see your teacher
Hey Minai how would i get mi hands on those Phoenix 2U past papers by topic that u mentioned?

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Isn't year 11 like the building blocks for yr 12? You need to get the basics down pat before you can progress.

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
i came like 3rd last im maths in yr 11 i got about 33% for the course
now im averageing 80% and im coming 5th, beating most of the extension class, what i think it all comes down to is motivation, find your reason for wanting to get a high mark and realise that if it doesnt happen then your never gonna get what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)