BALLAD OF SONGBIRDS AND SNAKES (1 Viewer)

neptoons

HSC
ANYONE ELSE WATCH THIS ABSOLUTE BEAST OF A FILM

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
omg... i was debating whether to start a thread on this or not...

i've watched all of the hunger games movies, haven't read any of the novels (just not a reader), and i'd say the ballad of songbirds and snakes was the best hunger games movie i have watched :D

i didn't have very high expectations going into it, but i was pleasantly surprised!

i'd give the movie a solid 8-9/10 which i rarely give to most movies,,, HOWEVER!!! i don't understand why everyone thinks the actor of snow is hot when he's really not...

Interdice

HSC
Haven't seen the movie, but read the book. Tried reading in year 9, but quit because I got bored fast. Tried again last year but again got very bored, and skimmed half the pages. The ending was pretty decent from my memory.

I don't remember the book well, but I'll say some problems.

1: This book doesn't further the plot of the hunger games novels. I understand that it's a prequel, but it doesn't add anything to the story. Except for Snow's origin story, which while sorta interesting, doesn't really add much. This book doesn't flesh out the world of the hunger games, and doesn't tell us anything we don't know. Minimal world building overall.

2: The actual hunger games was very disappointing. We only heard updates from Snow about it. We don't see much of the action or survival. It moreso is about Snow than the hunger games and that makes it disappointing.

Overall felt like a cashgrab. Quality was slightly worse than Mockingjay, which I didn't like very much either. Catching Fire was perfect. Although i will watch the film when it pops up on the bay. Maybe I didn't enjoy it because I can't read very well.

MJRey

HSC
I went to see it and LOVED IT. I went in thinking it would just be a cash grab (which it technically is), but it was surprisingly more rich than I had expected it to be. I agree with @nsw..wollongong though, I do think the amount of singing was overkill. Still good, but overkill cause at times it felt like a musical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)