Ballet flats on guys? (1 Viewer)

Season

HSC
Oh My God, I'm literally cringing at the image.

There is one exception though, if they're actually a ballet dancer and they're dancing ballet then that'd perfectly fine. All those muscles make sort of transform the shoes, and they're not a fashion accessory they're a working tool.

townie88

HSC
i know wat shoes ur talking about, but i wouldnt call them ballet flats, they're more canvas flats/slip ons. U see guys wearing navy or white ones in clubs all the time. The closest looking image to them i can find is this, http://shoeking.com/51809bl.JPEG (but they are a bit different from this image)
In my opinion they look quite good if worn right (as in wat is worn with them, like the jeans and shirt).

lengy

HSC
Um... aren't they like those Chinese slippers that Jackie Chan used to wear in kung fu movies? If not then no.

HSC
N/A
townie88 said:
i know wat shoes ur talking about, but i wouldnt call them ballet flats, they're more canvas flats/slip ons. U see guys wearing navy or white ones in clubs all the time. The closest looking image to them i can find is this, http://shoeking.com/51809bl.JPEG (but they are a bit different from this image)
In my opinion they look quite good if worn right (as in wat is worn with them, like the jeans and shirt).
that's definately not a ballet flat, and that's what men over the age of 50 wore in like... the 70s?

Not cool. These 'male ballet flats' had better be spectacular, or I'm dismissing them as a joke.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
lengy said:
Um... aren't they like those Chinese slippers that Jackie Chan used to wear in kung fu movies? If not then no.
that's what they ended up talking about/referring them to in the other thread

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
If they do end up making girly ballet flats for guys, I'm buying myself a pair! Omg, shoes in my size!

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
If you're talking about those canvas shoes that the electroey types wear clubbing without socks, they look fine.

CieL

HSC
all.time.fiend said:
i dont know if they make them for men or if guys just buy girls ones.
a friend of mine was wearing a pair a few days ago and i thought they were his girlfriends but when i asked him he said 'nah theyre mine'.
also at the bdo i saw a few guys wearing them
EDIT: and it did not look good.
omg he wasnt gay?

ivanie

HSC
Hardly the place to ask for fashion advice :S

I've seen them low-flat sneakers around lots. They're pretty cool. It's like the new sneaker for some crowds of people.

They're fine.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
^What?
This IS the place to ask for fashion advice. There are a lot of people very clued up on fashion on this site.

For me, I say no. Maybe in Harajuku, but probably not in the Aussie club scene.

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
What exactly is a ballet flat?

I categorise shoes into boots and not boots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)