Ban on Gay Marriage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
In NSW under the Adoption Act 2000 the way they prevent homosexuals from adopting is by stipulating that "a couple" means "a man and a woman" in a marriage or a de-facto relationship (for more than 3 years, 2 if they already have a child) etc etc.

Some would say this is discrimination but they cannot challenge it. Under NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 you can not discriminate against some one based on age, sexuality etc etc but it doesn't say anything about the form of relationship someone is engaged in. That's the loophole they're using, they can discriminate against same-sex couples because of the form of relationship - two same sex partners.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Oh and if anyone can be bothered...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,9533603^32522,00.html

is a pretty solid article on gay marriage and it makes the point that the allowance of gay marriage in Scandinavian countries has de-valued the institution of marriage as a whole

It's true that in Scandinavia, co-habitation and out-of-wedlock births were on the rise before gay marriage became legal. But a decade or so of legal gay marriage has done nothing to make marriage stronger. Indeed, sanctioning gay marriage has only served to send the message that all family forms are equal, increasing the trend to out-of-wedlock births and cohabitation.
and on adoption...

Have we, as a society, reached the point where we no longer believe a child is entitled to a mother and a father? Why is a child's right to a mother and a father of less value than the rights of the gay minority to marry and adopt?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
No but it means your a lesbian if your a chick and just ate out some Chinese girl. FFS, stop trying to argue over these retarded points, when your obviously wrong.

"You are what you eat" etc
You've done something that is one of my pet hates. Let me educate you.

your - This is used when the responder owns something. An item that belongs to you is your item.
you're - A contraction, derived from you are.

People who use "your" when "you're" is to be used are:
a). idiots. One of the basics of the English language is this idea. If you've come from overseas as an international student from a country that has a LOTE as a primary language, you still should know this. If you're not from a country where a LOTE is used, then you're an even bigger idiot.
b). fuckwits. You make yourself look like the biggest tard. "Your wrong." Can we see an obvious example of irony here?

There's no excuse. It's not even Internet-speak. You've just made a fuck up.

I can't stand it when people just go around butchering the English language.

We are not sending phone messages to each other. We're given much more room here for proper structured responses. Why not take advantage of that?

Yes, I've gone over the top. I cannot understand why, if you've not come from a non-English speaking country, after so many years of education, people cannot get the basic difference between the words "your" and "you're." If you have, why have you not yet learned the difference between the words (they have completely different meanings)?

Edit: Changed wording because after reading it, a bad message seemed to go through my head. I just clarified.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ziff
In NSW under the Adoption Act 2000 the way they prevent homosexuals from adopting is by stipulating that "a couple" means "a man and a woman" in a marriage or a de-facto relationship (for more than 3 years, 2 if they already have a child) etc etc.
Because, obviously, a homosexual cannot enter a relationship with a man/woman (person of opposite sex). :rolleyes:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
By the way GWB. Point and match.
I did quite like your arguing tactic for that previous post. I still don't agree with you, but only because in my opinion, what's happening is socially injust. Being the good Catholic I am, I should never accept anything that's socially injust.

I'm much too tired to argue on the issue tonight (read: I don't have anything to go by at the moment, apart from my opinion, and I couldn't be bothered looking something up). Perhaps tomorrow.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim

your - This is used when the responder owns something. An item that belongs to you is your item.

a). idiots. One of the basics of the English language is this idea. If you've come from overseas as an international student from a country that has a LOTE as a primary language, you still should know this. If not, then you're an even bigger idiot.
b). fuckwits. You make yourself look like the biggest tard. "Your wrong." Can we see an obvious example of irony here.

We are not sending phone messages to each other. We're given much more room here for proper structured responses. Why not take advantage of that?

Yes, I've gone over the top. I cannot understand why, if you've not come from a non-English speaking country, after so many years of education, people cannot get the basic difference between the words "your" and "you're." If you have, why have you not yet learned the difference between the words (they have completely different meanings)?
OMFGWTBBQ, SPELLING MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLERCOASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we see an obvious example of irony here.
However, before you flame someone about their spelling, make sure your spelling/grammar is correct.

Let me educate you. At the end of questions we use question marks, not full stops.

Can we see an obvious example of irony here?

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by neo_o
OMFGWTBBQ, SPELLING MISTAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLERCOASTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, before you flame someone about their spelling, make sure your spelling/gramma is correct.
Let me educate you. At the end of questions we use question marks, not full stops.
Can we see an obvious example of irony here?
Thank you. Fixed.

Before you attempt to make a fool out of me though, make sure you've spelt grammar correctly. ;)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
Because, obviously, a homosexual cannot enter a relationship with a man/woman (person of opposite sex). :rolleyes:
It's not that they can't it's that they don't tend to become involved in heterosexual style relationships. I think the key here is protecting the child's right to a mother and a father though rather than any form of discrimination. Having a decent mother and father can provide much more than just a double pair of fathers or a double pair of mothers.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
It's not that they can't it's that they don't tend to become involved in heterosexual style relationships. I think the key here is protecting the child's right to a mother and a father though rather than any form of discrimination. Having a decent mother and father can provide much more than just a double pair of fathers or a double pair of mothers.
This doesn't stop one member of a homosexual relationship (mainly a lesbian one, so from now, for the point of this paragraph, I'll refer to homosexuals as lesbians), getting pregnant, having a baby of her own and sharing it with her female partner. Chances are, DOCS won't be able to do anything about it, they don't really like taking babies from a natural parent.

There are loopholes around that, if you can naturally have a child. Otherwise, as is the case for most male couples, no kids for daddies.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
HOLY SHIT!
WHERE'S THE R?
It's there now. Though it isn't rocket science to tell the difference between a typo and misuse of punctuation.

neo_o caught me out on punctuation. You caught me out on a typo. That makes him (pseudo) clever, and it makes you pedantic. :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
This doesn't stop one member of a homosexual relationship (mainly a lesbian one, so from now, for the point of this paragraph, I'll refer to homosexuals as lesbians), getting pregnant, having a baby of her own and sharing it with her female partner. Chances are, DOCS won't be able to do anything about it, they don't really like taking babies from a natural parent.

There are loopholes around that, if you can naturally have a child. Otherwise, as is the case for most male couples, no kids for daddies.
Yes yes, also one partner in a lesbian relationship can adopt a child. Of course, that child will remain hers if they break up. It's interesting however, that in some cases e.g. W v. G (1996) a lesbian partner was made to pay $150,000 lump-sum of mainenance to the other lesbian partner whose child it was after they broke up as the Family Court decided she had basically been a large part of the family's life or something along those lines.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
when people are arguing about each other's typos/grammar etc and using that as a form of retaliation, you know their argument is fucked.

HaBibi~

HSC
N/A

a). idiots. One of the basics of the English language is this idea. If you've come from overseas as an international student from a country that has a LOTE as a primary language, you still should know this. If you're not from a country where a LOTE is used, then you're an even bigger idiot.
b). fuckwits. You make yourself look like the biggest tard. "Your wrong." Can we see an obvious example of irony here?

Edit: Changed wording because after reading it, a bad message seemed to go through my head. I just clarified.
lol ur sch a smrt ass ploktm!

we hv mch n cmmn :p

Last edited:

gaybasher

Banned
ummmm,,,,,,,,,,,, alot of priests are pedofiles and most politicans are liars and totally immoral........liek in australia they just ordered the unneccary invasion of a country and killed like 12,000 people and heaps of those were innocent... and now the government and priests are trying to stop gay lords from marrying??? who are they to try and tell us what is right and wrong.

if 2 fudge packers wanta get married who cares whats the problem, that doesnt hurt anyone. Gays can get married and adopt kids and all that who cares.

As long as they dont get onto each other in front of me and make me seeee gay sex i dont care what they do behind closed dooors.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by gaybasher
ummmm,,,,,,,,,,,, alot of priests are pedofiles and most politicans are liars and totally immoral........liek in australia they just ordered the unneccary invasion of a country and killed like 12,000 people and heaps of those were innocent... and now the government and priests are trying to stop gay lords from marrying??? who are they to try and tell us what is right and wrong.

if 2 fudge packers wanta get married who cares whats the problem, that doesnt hurt anyone. Gays can get married and adopt kids and all that who cares.

As long as they dont get onto each other in front of me and make me seeee gay sex i dont care what they do behind closed dooors.
way to generalise :D and nice use of technical jargon...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
It was a long time coming. I expected little Johnny to have changed the laws already.

Marriage has always been, and should always be a union between a man and a woman. If a gay pair want a relationship let them ahve the defacto relationship. They get the perks, like the superannuation, anyway.

If gay couples fit the criteria then they should be allowed to adopt and raise kids. Look at it logically. We ahve homeless kids and orphans etc wanting homes and we have gay couples wanting kids. Anyone see a pragmatic solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)