Ban P-Platers from driving on Friday and Saturday nights? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
are u freakn serious??? that is the most stupid thing ive eva heard, more full licenced drivers create accidents than p platers, its a fact, p platers are just over publisised my this monay hungry government, it pisses me off, nobody will have a life anymore if they arnt allowed to drive on friday and saturday nights, that law is crazy, the government has lost their mind is all i have to say

lucky i have my green P's now
Is it, now?
I'm pretty sure this is true quantitatively, however as a percentage of the whole, I think you'll find otherwise.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah i know all about the southern problem. but it's a pretty ridiculous debate, and its a clear example of how such debates regarding intelligence, race etc. can definitely be historically (not biologically) constituted.
why cant it be biological

theres variation within racial taxons as well

sicilians dont look like northern italians

but yeah it definitely could be enviromental who knows

or maybe lynn was just full of shit

i dont care enough to look into it (not that theres much to look into)

somebody should just break italy up already i dont see it lasting that much longer

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
somebody should just break italy up already i dont see it lasting that much longer
sure, sicilians were invaded by moors... but also the normans and other frenchies, vikings and other germans. and jews have always been there. they're total mudbloods.

but the "southern problem" and southern italy also includes neapolitans, calabrians, pugliano, etc. who most certainly do look like northern italians. the argument is far, far stronger for historically constituted inequality.

not only that but the "southern problem" predates general intelligence testing; the 'science' of the southern problem was probably began after cesare lombroso's work (famous for 'criminal types' and craniometry), i.e. after a fucking long period of just full blown biogtry

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i don't think there's as much moorish admixture down there as some people think

the plausible mechanism for a genetic difference would be warmer weather- warm/cold weather appears to be one of the major master switches in selecting for iq

some cultural factor of unknown kind could also be responsible as culture sort of works as a biological feedback loop (harpending and cochran speculate this is why the jews are so smart)

not only that but the "southern problem" predates general intelligence testing; the first real academic work on it was by cesare lombroso (famous for 'criminal types' and craniometry).
yeah but predating iq tests doesnt necessarily mean the problem still isnt caused by iq (though you may not be making this point lol if so sorry)

italy though

what a great place

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Doens't really matter if there's a curfew, I'm normally at the pub then anyway. Can't drive home from the pub.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
sure, sicilians were invaded by moors... but also the normans and other frenchies, vikings and other germans. and jews have always been there. they're total mudbloods.

but the "southern problem" and southern italy also includes neapolitans, calabrians, pugliano, etc. who most certainly do look like northern italians. the argument is far, far stronger for historically constituted inequality.

not only that but the "southern problem" predates general intelligence testing; the 'science' of the southern problem was probably began after cesare lombroso's work (famous for 'criminal types' and craniometry), i.e. after a fucking long period of just full blown biogtry
I've been to northern Italy and it was pretty nice, lots of farmland though from the previous generation. (it doesn't pay to sell crops any more). I've heard that southern Italy comprises of thieves and marfia lol so you gotta be more careful down there. (never been down south though).

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
what it's 100 hours now? I thought it was still 120?

btw in Europe, apparently if you get your licence taken off for speeding, you can pay like double the costs of getting a licence to the cop, and the cop will give you your licence back lol. Also they drive mainly manuals there and they can get there driver's licence at 16, well in Italy any ways, and they can even ride vespers from the age for 14 apparently on roads.
Thinning the gene pool early i see.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Consdiering "nights" account for 24 hours other both days, that is equivalent to 1/7 = 0.142
Which accounts for 14% of the week, and therefore, if 30% of crashes happen within that 14% time frame there is an issue. Derp
From the start that was a very biased statistic though. Instead of dividing up the time it should be compared to the amount of driving that P-platers do during that time period. I'm sure you would find that as a whole more then 14% of P-platers driving is done on friday and saturday nights.

Does anyone have the statistic of how many % of fully licensed driver crashes are on friday and saturday nights?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
From the start that was a very biased statistic though. Instead of dividing up the time it should be compared to the amount of driving that P-platers do during that time period. I'm sure you would find that as a whole more then 14% of P-platers driving is done on friday and saturday nights.

Does anyone have the statistic of how many % of fully licensed driver crashes are on friday and saturday nights?
A fuckton%

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Why don't they administer some sort of psychiatric test (cosmo fill me in here) that evaluates how aggressive a person is, and if they're over a certain level of aggression they don't get a license, ever

road toll would drop to ~0

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
there's a test called the durkey aggression inventory

i dont know how predictively valid it is but

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)