Band 6 in Business (1 Viewer)

acevipa

HSC
What raw mark do you need to get a band 6 in business studies?

jessjackowski

HSC
My guess to your question would be a low 80

no way...i'd say at least 86/7 and above. It doesnt 'scale' well relative to other subjects, however if people do not perform well in this years exam does that also get taken into account?

x_symphonic

HSC
no way...i'd say at least 86/7 and above. It doesnt 'scale' well relative to other subjects, however if people do not perform well in this years exam does that also get taken into account?
what i reckon would be about 84-87 = band 6

but according to the level of difficulty (quite easy) of the business exam I've done today, the raw mark would probably be increased by a slight bit to get band 6 ...

so probably 86-88, thus making you correct LOL. sorry my bad

Siretlaw

HSC
Well obviously a raw 90 mark would be a band 6. But for an aligned mark i'd say around 88. However, you need to get a total mark (including school assessment) of over 94 to not be completely raped by UAC.

but that was last year.

oly1991

HSC
I got 93 for my HSC business studies mark this year. And i seriously thought i stuffed up that exam. I came out thinking approx 82-86 raw AT MOST. I was devestated because i has worked hard all year in business. But fortunately, the HSC mark completely suprised me.

So @ x_symphonic, i agree with your first statement!!!

bayan92

HSC
I got 81.5 raw (84 after optional question scaling) in Business Studies.
My reported mark was 92. :lol:

Business Studies is honestly one of the easiest subjects to study for and get marks in. If you watch the news/read the paper you are pretty much set! My tips include:

• Know heaps of little case studies for each element e.g. one for contingency theory, one for behavioral etc. They don't need to be big or detailed but if you use them all through the year you'll be able to remember facts and figures about each one.
  • Know how to answer questions (using the keywords). My Chemistry teacher once told me that the content of one of my questions was utter crap but because it was answered in a structured manner I got some marks for it.
  • Write in dotpoints. 2 marks = 2 dotpoints
  • Breakdown the question.

Analyse the impact of TWO financial influences on a business wishing to export. (6 marks)

• 2 components - 3 marks each
  • 1 mark for stating component and 2 marks for the analysis

Evaluate
    the use of debt financing to fund a major expansion into new products. (6 marks)

• First line: 'Take home message' - ONE mark
    (In this question - Debt finance solely would not be appropriate to fund an expansion into new products)
  • Determine the value of the criteria - THREE marks
    (In this question - Debt finance has disadvantages such as high interest, need for a guarantee and decreased solvency (STATE SOLVENCY RATIO). It has advantages such as being accessible more easily than owners equity.)
  • Judgment - TWO marks
    (In this question - Disadvantages outweigh advantages. Sources of finance need to be matched to business terms. Mic of debt and equity finance would be most appropriate in this case.)

• Read the newspaper and have fresh concepts and case studies before the exam. In 2009, the use of the global financial crisis was a real mark-grabber.
  • Be one step ahead. Don't talk in plain english. Speak in business terms. Instead of talking about workers getting 'sacked' due to the GFC says they were made 'redundant' or that they experienced 'involuntary cessation'.
  • Analyse trends in the past papers. If there was an essay on the management theories last year, it will most NOT be in it this year. However they often put it in the short answers to catch out students how thought they could totally ignore that part as it was in it last year.
  • The papers are written in March-May (right about now). What is going on the business environment?? The paper will be influenced by this. Last year this time everyone was adapting to SA banning plastic bags and other retailers around the country were starting to charge for bags. This ensured that there was 8 marks on 'green bags' in the short answers.
Hoped this helps. If it did give me rep!! It would be much appreciated! :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)