Banking internships 2009/10 (1 Viewer)

C

copkiller

Haha to clarify - I applied for equities research only and during my interview with UBS head of equities i spoke a lot about my cfd trading experience. He asked me where I thought the price of crude oil was heading and what my views were on the US dollar in the long run. He must have liked my answers because he later offered me a role in prop trading...subject to availability.

Hoping that offer still stands when i start :p
Where do you think crude and the USD are heading in the long run?

lzhu

HSC
Haha to clarify - I applied for equities research only and during my interview with UBS head of equities i spoke a lot about my cfd trading experience. He asked me where I thought the price of crude oil was heading and what my views were on the US dollar in the long run. He must have liked my answers because he later offered me a role in prop trading...subject to availability.

Hoping that offer still stands when i start :p
Do you think doing auditing would help?

functionz

HSC
Hey guys,

I got offered NAB Wholesale Banking over summer but they chucked me in the Finance section cuz I've got a year and a half of corporate accounting exp. Not the field I applied for but wth right?

MY question is: In ur past internships, has anyone managed to get a full time offer but for a different section (NAB Capital, Diversified financials etc)? I honestly do not want to get stuck doing finance/accounting so any advice would be helpful.

I've also got another one lined up at a private fund manager. Would this help my credentials when asking for a move to NabCap etc?

Thanks!

functionz

HSC
Velox,

Private fund manager one is in Kuala Lumpur for a month - but it'll cost me heaps (air ticket, accomodations etc) cuz they pay you barely anything. Have scrapped that plan now anyway.

I just need to know if anyone has successfully moved to a different division that what you did as an intern within the same bank.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ok in that case dont bother. Yes it is totally possible. I interned in a COMPLETELY different industry to what I am interning in this summer.

Or are you talking about geting a grad offer from the same bank in a diff div? I would say that is possible too.

functionz

HSC
Hey,

Anyone done some time in Institutional Sales? What exactly will you be asked to do? I have two months of that at spending the summertime at the NAB and considering I won't be meeting clients, what else could they assign me to do?

Any info is of great help! thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)