Bar jobs? Coffee? retail? anyone? (1 Viewer)

HSC
wait til trading picks up (like sept onwards) then bars need shit loads of casuals for the xmas/sumer trade. only down side is ull most likely be at work at night and sleep in the day..

SerBSPeeD

HSC
wintersky, i've been reading this thread and i thnk i might have something for you. My uncle is looking for some girls to bartend in his bar in the city. ahh, only thing is what you look like? Would you describe your self as decent? or like attractive. lol, its not the kinda bar your thinking of, he just wants "the customer to have the best time" in the bar. anyways im off

daman

HSC
what makes bar jobs so good? i've been thinking about getting a RSA and RCG and hopefully working in a pub or club, but why would i?

are bar jobs any good and why? is it because of the charged atmosphere, the pay, shouting your mates drinks, or the prospect of getting hit on?

would anyone recommend getting a bar job from experience.

thanks for any info im just curious as to why everyone thinks its so good

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
It will largely depend on where you go imo, I worked at a club for about a month and a half but quit as friday/saturday night shifts from 9pm-4am pretty much cripple any social life on weekends .. I guess it also depdnds on whether you're at school or uni, a 5 day week + this job on the weekends I doubt would be ideal, but if youve got the time to catch up with friends during the week I guess it cant hurt ..

My advice though, keep it as local as possible .. unless you're tending theres not a huge chance of 'getting hit on', and if you havent worked in the industry before chances are you'll be glassing first (pick up glasses, clean up spills etc..). Having no experience in hospitality before this job I was paid pretty low, even for the hours but as I said, itll all depend on where you go .. if you can find a place with other great employees it can be a really fun job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)