Bass Guitars - Spector? (1 Viewer)

Kashaya

HSC
How hard is it to Google!
Ask Wikipedia, idiot.
Questions don't belong in forums... GET OUT.

Last edited:

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
spectors are nice, but personally i prefer fenders. but in saying that, size isnt an issue for me... i dont actually own a bass, im more of a guitar person. but i've spent quite a bit of time playing my friends spector + fender when i play in my friends band and the fender is alot nicer to play. it's a jag bass btw, so it has what appear to be the jazz pickups with a few of those jag style 'rolly' tone adjustment things which give you a pretty wide range of noises.

and in general, i would pretty much have sex with the jag if i could... :eek:

HSC
Update!

Update on the whole Spector issue!

I have been searching for ages now, and ordered today a sweet sadowsky bass.

The ultra vintage model in natural with a black pickguard and black block inlays and binding. Looks veryyyyyy nice. Only thing is, it won't be here for another 3-4 months or so.

But it will be worth the wait....It's a Sadowsky. lol

Screw Spector, they are longgggg gone now. haha.

Cheers, and thanks for everyones help!

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Re: Update!

breanna15101990 said:
I have been searching for ages now, and ordered today a sweet sadowsky bass.
I cannot believe you did that....

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A

Because it's like buying an $80,000 audi sedan for your first car after getting your P plates...

HSC

RogueAcademic said:
Because it's like buying an $80,000 audi sedan for your first car after getting your P plates...
Right. As if it is!!

* I'm planning to go to uni to study music! It's not as if this nice bass will be going to waste..... I will be relying on this bass a fair bit...It's not going to be sitting in the corner.

* I need my own bass. I don't actually own one at this point.

* Why should I spend money on heaps of other shitty basses when I could get a nice one to begin with and be done with it....

* It's not like I am a complete beginner on the bass man...... I'm at the stage where I need and want a nice bass to play on anyway....

* And anyway! It's my prerogative, and I didn't ask you to pay for it dude!

Buying an $80,000 audi sedan for your first car after getting your P plates cannot be compared to me getting a sadowsky. It's not like I can't play the bass. Now that would be wrong....If someone bought a Sadowsky before even knowing how to play the bass..... I can see the point in that situation.... But what exactly is the problem in me buying one???

Last edited:

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A

breanna15101990 said:
* I'm planning to go to uni to study music! It's not as if this nice bass will be going to waste..... I will be relying on this bass a fair bit...It's not going to be sitting in the corner.

* I need my own bass. I don't actually own one at this point.

* Why should I spend money on heaps of other shitty basses when I could get a nice one to begin with and be done with it....

* It's not like I am a complete beginner on the bass man...... I'm at the stage where I need and want a nice bass to play on anyway....

* And anyway! It's my prerogative, and I didn't ask you to pay for it dude!

Buying an $80,000 audi sedan for your first car after getting your P plates cannot be compared to me getting a sadowsky. It's not like I can't play the bass. Now that would be wrong....If someone bought a Sadowsky before even knowing how to play the bass..... I can see the point in that situation.... But what exactly is the problem in me buying one???
Whoa ...chill out a second, I was the one who recommended the Sadowsky to you earlier in the thread, remember.. :uhhuh:

But it's still true that buying and playing a Sadowsky is actually like buying an $80,000 Audi because especially for you, this is your first bass. I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, most people don't have the luxury of having such a fine instrument as the first instrument. Most people start off in a Fender Squier or a starter Yamaha first.

There are other very good basses, like the Fender CIJs and the Warwicks. And did you check out other fine basses like the Laklands, Musicmans, Rickenbacker. I don't suppose you've tried any of these plus the Sadowsky?

By the way, which Sadowsky did you get?

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A

breanna15101990 said:
Why cannot you believe I did that, exactly.... ?
They are sweet basses dude.
Yeah remember before you even looked at the Sadowskys, you were looking at the Spectors before I talked you out of it!

HSC

RogueAcademic said:
Whoa ...chill out a second, I was the one who recommended the Sadowsky to you earlier in the thread, remember.. :uhhuh:
Yes, I do remember......

RogueAcademic said:
But it's still true that buying and playing a Sadowsky is actually like buying an $80,000 Audi because especially for you, this is your first bass. I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all, most people don't have the luxury of having such a fine instrument as the first instrument. Most people start off in a Fender Squier or a starter Yamaha first.
Noooooo. When you say 'my first bass', you do realise this is not in fact my very first bass ever..... Like, I have been playing for ages....and I do have one here in my home....that I actually own..... Just thought I'd make that clear.

See, I borrowed my teachers old aria pro II, and have had that for ages. I actually found an aria pro cardinal a few months back, and since then have given his back and used this one. But NOW, I am after something really really nice. One that will have an awesome sound, be very nice, etc etc. I have played quite a few squires, no yamahas, but hated the squires. It really is amazing the difference in quality when compared to something nicer.

RogueAcademic said:
There are other very good basses, like the Fender CIJs and the Warwicks. And did you check out other fine basses like the Laklands, Musicmans, Rickenbacker. I don't suppose you've tried any of these plus the Sadowsky?

By the way, which Sadowsky did you get?
Don't worry, I didn't just rush in and buy a Sadowsky without trying anything else.... I like to make sure its the right one....

But yeah, did a lot of research into many other brands, including the ones you mentioned. And to tell you the truth, I really and not the biggest fan of the jazz body's on a bass like I got on my sad.... but to get that nice unique tone that I loved on the sadowsky's I was willing to compromise. Nothing really could come close to the sadowskys...

I ordered the ultra vintage metro. Natural, black pickguard, with pearl blocks and binding.

Ok, I get your point. But I get the impression you think I just thought 'oh... hmmm... a sadowsky...sounds alright.....yeah righto, bought.'

But no, in between the time I started that thread and now, I have done so much research just to try and find a decent bass. Then my teacher bought a sadowsky, and I thought it was just awesome. And soon decided thats what I wanted. And after like 6 (?) months of deciding, FINALLY ordered one. Even though it will be another 3 or so months until I actually get to play the thing..... lol.

Cheers.

lrxox

HSC
In my experience, i beleive that Spector basses are quite good, too. They aren't as heavy as a Fender, and have a slightly narrower body.
Also, try a Sadowsky. They are a good bass too. You could probably call the Bass centre and find out more about them.
Good luck, breanna15101990, have funn finding your new bass.

lol

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A

breanna15101990 said:
Yes, I do remember......

Noooooo. When you say 'my first bass', you do realise this is not in fact my very first bass ever..... Like, I have been playing for ages....and I do have one here in my home....that I actually own..... Just thought I'd make that clear.

See, I borrowed my teachers old aria pro II, and have had that for ages. I actually found an aria pro cardinal a few months back, and since then have given his back and used this one. But NOW, I am after something really really nice. One that will have an awesome sound, be very nice, etc etc. I have played quite a few squires, no yamahas, but hated the squires. It really is amazing the difference in quality when compared to something nicer.

Don't worry, I didn't just rush in and buy a Sadowsky without trying anything else.... I like to make sure its the right one....

But yeah, did a lot of research into many other brands, including the ones you mentioned. And to tell you the truth, I really and not the biggest fan of the jazz body's on a bass like I got on my sad.... but to get that nice unique tone that I loved on the sadowsky's I was willing to compromise. Nothing really could come close to the sadowskys...

I ordered the ultra vintage metro. Natural, black pickguard, with pearl blocks and binding.

Ok, I get your point. But I get the impression you think I just thought 'oh... hmmm... a sadowsky...sounds alright.....yeah righto, bought.'

But no, in between the time I started that thread and now, I have done so much research just to try and find a decent bass. Then my teacher bought a sadowsky, and I thought it was just awesome. And soon decided thats what I wanted. And after like 6 (?) months of deciding, FINALLY ordered one. Even though it will be another 3 or so months until I actually get to play the thing..... lol.

Cheers.
Why didn't you say that earlier? All you said was that you have been borrowing someone else's bass, so I thought you had never even owned a bass before. Ah well, hope you enjoy that Sadowsky, they're well made instruments.

HSC

RogueAcademic said:
Why didn't you say that earlier? All you said was that you have been borrowing someone else's bass, so I thought you had never even owned a bass before. Ah well, hope you enjoy that Sadowsky, they're well made instruments.
Okok, sorry about that, I should have made myself more clear. Yeah, I did borrow a bass for ages and ages. But it may as well have been my own anyway haha.

I bought one just like it a few months back. But for now, waiting on the sadowsky. lol.

Anyway, now we have got everything clear, what do you play?

Oh, and sorry about that tool who left the message above. That would be my younger sister stalking my blogs being a n00b. She knows nothing about basses, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)