Baulko? (1 Viewer)

v.odka

HSC
okay. i'm transferring to baulko next year (year 11 '09). googled the school and found this place :D

so?

anything i should know?

oh and i'm transferring from a normal public school.

HSC
the competitions stuff
the noobs usually fall behind if they don't do at least double the work that everyone else does

it's a lot more tame than the normal public school

all in all great place, but next year's year 11s are shit

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
the competitions stuff
the noobs usually fall behind if they don't do at least double the work that everyone else does

it's a lot more tame than the normal public school

all in all great place, but next year's year 11s are shit
For some reason, I've heard otherwise. I heard that there are alot of try hard gangsters in the HSC 2009 cohort... :confused:

HSC
Continuum said:
For some reason, I've heard otherwise. I heard that there are alot of try hard gangsters in the HSC 2009 cohort... :confused:
if by try hard gangsters you mean try hard nerds then you're right
baulko's as tame as they come, our grade was the last of the worst
after us it's going to be even more of an asianville

Scinery

HSC
no im an 09er i dont think baulko is "as tame as they come"

correct me if im wrong...but some girra ppl told me that they wouldnt dream of skipping school at girra? thats pretty tame imo. the 08'ers at baulko were certainly "cooler" and more hardcore than the 09ers and 10'ers but i wouldnt say less "bad". have fun in year 11 your form is apparently one of the stupidest we've had lol...

EDIT: in response to your question, youll be fine, i disagree that "the n00bs tend to fall behind" because some of the smartest people in our grade are latecomers from other schools, and with jonathan ramasamy i wouldnt say its too different in other grades.

Our school is gay and group-orientated, so just be nice to everyone and dont make enemies. we'd all like to deny it but its true. The only significant difference is the fact that later on in the year, the learning becomes more fast-paced and you REALLY have to pay attention in class to keep up...which becomes easier if you are organised. Suck up to teachers because they all favoritise...and it really does affect your mark... its gay. Keep your old friends close. But seriously dont worry. Laugh off any "public school kid" bullying because they are just intimidated. Dont ask anyone out within 9 weeks of entering the school...i know it sounds silly but thats a serious NO lol.

If you find nobodys being nice to you, DO jump into conversations and say "hi whats your name, my name's so and so", because they dont know how to introduce themselves. Although your cohort may be different to ours.. will it be awkward? YES. will they get over it? YES.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL, I know a couple of Baulko people who are in the class of '09. They seem pretty nice and stuff. :)

v.odka

HSC
*swallows*

i've been reading a LOT of negative comments about the school recently and i'm a bit apprehensive. granted, they're from rival schools but it still makes me a bit nervous.

Scinery: By "group-oriented" you mean....? Do people tend to stick together in like big asian, curry etc. groups? Your comment about my form being the stupidest made me feel better. (=

And yeah, about the school being tamer, you kinda expect that. Most nerds aren't exactly the rock n roll type :-S.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
v.odka said:
*swallows*

i've been reading a LOT of negative comments about the school recently and i'm a bit apprehensive. granted, they're from rival schools but it still makes me a bit nervous.

Scinery: By "group-oriented" you mean....? Do people tend to stick together in like big asian, curry etc. groups? Your comment about my form being the stupidest made me feel better. (=

And yeah, about the school being tamer, you kinda expect that. Most nerds aren't exactly the rock n roll type :-S.
Rival schools? Lol... Scinery is from Baulko dude and look at his opinion.

rlmck

HSC
You should see my cohort bitchfight for the top marks in every subject.

schokman

HSC
Scinery said:

correct me if im wrong...but some girra ppl told me that they wouldnt dream of skipping school at girra? thats pretty tame imo.
Hhahahah as far as I'm concerned, Girra is the tamest school around =D In the years I've been here I have never even SEEN a physical fight, and I've only heard of 3 or so, I've never skipped school (without my parents permission), we have very little drugs/sex/alcohol blah blah blah and there are still some of us who go "OMG! They smoke??!?! What the hell?!?!??!That's so..disgusting!"
We pretty much don't have group rivalry, because while we have groups, we pretty much all get along and are fairly close knit.
Hhahah I could go on.. but yeah. Tame. That's what we are..and I like it =D

PS. This post was totally off topic.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
v.odka said:
LOL, don't worry about it. At the end of the day, Baulko's results speak for themselves.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
schokman said:
Hhahahah as far as I'm concerned, Girra is the tamest school around =D In the years I've been here I have never even SEEN a physical fight, and I've only heard of 3 or so, I've never skipped school (without my parents permission), we have very little drugs/sex/alcohol blah blah blah and there are still some of us who go "OMG! They smoke??!?! What the hell?!?!??!That's so..disgusting!"
We pretty much don't have group rivalry, because while we have groups, we pretty much all get along and are fairly close knit.
Hhahah I could go on.. but yeah. Tame. That's what we are..and I like it =D

PS. This post was totally off topic.
What a boring school.

lionking1191

HSC
Scinery said:

correct me if im wrong...but some girra ppl told me that they wouldnt dream of skipping school at girra? thats pretty tame imo. the 08'ers at baulko were certainly "cooler" and more hardcore than the 09ers and 10'ers but i wouldnt say less "bad". have fun in year 11 your form is apparently one of the stupidest we've had lol...

EDIT: in response to your question, youll be fine, i disagree that "the n00bs tend to fall behind" because some of the smartest people in our grade are latecomers from other schools, and with jonathan ramasamy i wouldnt say its too different in other grades.

Our school is gay and group-orientated, so just be nice to everyone and dont make enemies. we'd all like to deny it but its true. The only significant difference is the fact that later on in the year, the learning becomes more fast-paced and you REALLY have to pay attention in class to keep up...which becomes easier if you are organised. Suck up to teachers because they all favoritise...and it really does affect your mark... its gay. Keep your old friends close. But seriously dont worry. Laugh off any "public school kid" bullying because they are just intimidated. Dont ask anyone out within 9 weeks of entering the school...i know it sounds silly but thats a serious NO lol.

If you find nobodys being nice to you, DO jump into conversations and say "hi whats your name, my name's so and so", because they dont know how to introduce themselves. Although your cohort may be different to ours.. will it be awkward? YES. will they get over it? YES.
jon's a noob :D

judging by your comment the 09ers are lamer than i thought

v.odka

HSC
quick question.

is there anyway i can visit the school before orientation day. i'm not going to be here and i really want to take a look around.

lionking1191

HSC
v.odka said:
quick question.

is there anyway i can visit the school before orientation day. i'm not going to be here and i really want to take a look around.
yeah just pop into the school in a non-too-conspicuous shirt and strut around like you own the place. srsli all you hav to do is to get a visitor's pass and if you are lucky get someone to show u around

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
idk, but i heard their volleyball teams are good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)