BBA102 text book, shuld i buy? (1 Viewer)

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
I'm still pondering whether or not i should buy this text book. I talked o a couple of ppl who have done thise course and they told me that they didn't really need to use the textbooks cause most of the info was in the lecture slides. Has anyone completed this course, any opinions?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Skittled said dont go to the lectures- buy the textbook... Dont know why, he didnt expand on a reason, but there you go!

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Gordon Whatshisname uses the overheads provided by McGraw-Hill with the book, so you don't exactly need to go to the lectures: they're a dumbed down version of the textbook. Gordon DOES have some interesting stories he's gotten from experience, or examples, but then, so does the book.

Go to the tutes: you've got groupwork assignments (plural) so get to know the people you sit with. I had a crap group (smart but lazy) and did 70% of the work. (they did the work but in their own time, which was always longer than necessary, but it turned out okay). Good learning experience in itself.

My recommendation would be to get the book. As said, nothing's in the lectures thats not in the book. (If you like I've got a hardcover version of the book for sale; $70, As-new condition. (No hilighting, no markings, no nothing, except for some post-it notes which tell you which chapter correlates to which lecture). Also have the group projects, I'll throw in, if you like...)

Bottom line: Easy subject, boring lectures with nothing that's not in the book. Get the book, skip the lectures.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
i second that notion
skip the lects buy the book
nd book + notes
*thumbs up

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
yep definitely buy the book. Personally I find it easier to study reading paragraphs with full sentences rather than point form info (which is what the lecture notes are) plus reading the textbook I got a good thorough understanding of everything, but the lecture notes and lectures were pretty much useless to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)