BCom - Accg Electives (1 Viewer)

- H -

HSC
With the BCom- Accounting degree, can someone please clear this up for me.

I've attached the suggested sequence of units sheet so you guys can see which units i am talking about.

Anyways my question is in relation to the suggested 300 level electives.
ie. accg330* or accg350* and
accg353* or accg355*

now..... all those units are written like that above. They are electives, so do i have to do them or can i do neither and pick up a unit in say ACST or something instead and still qualify for the degree?

I dont think i need to do any of them, but i want to make sure? I dont want to do another unit then find out that I had to of done them. Does anyone know for sure?
Also who are the academic advisors i could see about this?

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
the OR means
u do one OR the othert
if im correct
so u either do accg330 OR accg350
AND after uve chosen one
u either do accg353 OR accg355

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
From the pdf file:

"Electives at 300 level must be from units offered within the Division of ECFS or from other ‘Commerce’ designated units such as PHIL364 – Business and Professional Ethics."

So you can do neither but you must pick other 300 level "Commerce"* units.

* you should check unit designations in handbook (online one will do)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i'd advise you to check the ca and cpa requirements, in terms of subjects that you can do at mac. some of those electives may be required for accreditation.

i am not 100% sure as to which ones. i have to do the very same thing after i finish my exams.

cr in accg

HSC
thats wierd, i dont have to do those subjects. anyway i would do accg330 and accg355, they look way easier

- H -

HSC
redruM said:
i'd advise you to check the ca and cpa requirements, in terms of subjects that you can do at mac. some of those electives may be required for accreditation.

i am not 100% sure as to which ones. i have to do the very same thing after i finish my exams.

I've checked CA and all the subjects required for accreditation are core units, so there's no problem there. Im not sure about the CPA program though, I didn't check them.
I dont believe we have to do the above electives in question. I spoke to some people in my ACCG330 class and they haven't done ACCG353 or ACCG353 and they're ok to get their degree. Although no one should quote me on that! The little buggers may decide to change it.

For anyone considering doing the electives, ACCG330 is an open book exam but theres so much work for this class :)

G DIDDY

HSC
Hey where did you get that program of study from:

Apparently everyone got em on opening, apart from me.

I'm looking the B Com - Accg/ B App Fin Program of Study...

ReaveR

HSC
Typed this one up from a fax that my friend sent me, cos I didn't get it from uni either.

G DIDDY

HSC
Sweet Thanks alot man.

And thanks for everyones in put. All very greatly appreciated and i'm sure in due course they will lead to success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)