BComm/BA or BEc/BA to BComm (lib) or BEc (lib) (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing BEc/BA majoring Economics and Politics (minor in finance), and planning to switch to BEc (lib) majoring/minoring the same, cutting a year off the degree. Now aside from not being able to do honors after my politics major, would you say this is generally a good or bad idea?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
it depends. do you feel you want to stay at uni for an extra year that wont make any difference to any job prospects you may have in the business world?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
it depends. do you feel you want to stay at uni for an extra year that wont make any difference to any job prospects you may have in the business world?
The business world isn't exactly where I wanna go with my BEc, more DFAT and government in general, with the private sector as a backup I guess, the only thing I really lose unit wise is a history major that I was planning to do because I had so many arts units to fill, and I'm sure I could link politics of some sort into my Econ honors, its more losing the BA itself, I'm not sure on the exact value it has ..

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
if you want a job at dfat, i would strongly suggest doing a course at anu. well you know, since the government is down there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)