BELIEF SYSTEM- is KKK 2 controversial? (1 Viewer)

lex123

HSC
hi

we had an assignment to do on belief systems and for my assignment i chose to study the Kl Klux Klan...

my teacher said that for the HSC exam i should study a new belief system because he thought is was too controversial....?

im pissed coz now i have to research a whole new belief system.. should i research a new one or try my luck with the KKK???

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
My teacher says that as long as research doesn't involve anything illegal or harmful to yourself or others then it is ok.
Do you go to a public or private/religious school?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I mean, aren't markers of Society and Culture supposed to be pretty open minded? Even if the marker was black, they still have to mark it objectively. It is still a system of beliefs... I don't understand the problem with it.

lex123

HSC
yeh i go 2 a catholic school....

look i did this assignment and i went through the syllabus and it fit the criteria perfectly...my teacher just worried that even though markers are meant to be open-minded i might be unlucky and get stuck with a bad marker....

but in the end after all the talk my teacher gave me i still got a good mark for the assignement so what am i meant 2 do..

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
I think that's pretty interesting...

The thing with belief systems is that you're looking at it - like with all of SAC - from the perspective of a "social and cultural researcher". What I mean is, if you don't start expressing that your personal views are those of the KKK or go into arguments about the KKK, then it's completely valid for you to do it, in my opinion.

I guess if you do it well, then there's no reason for you not to. :) I actually think that's pretty interesting as long as you have the same attitude towards it as you would to any other belief system. I mean, people do fascism and the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)