belief systems: buddhism: change and resistence to change??? (1 Viewer)

Stix06

HSC
hey guys I'm having trouble finding change that has occured to the buddhism belief system and resistance to change. If you know anything at all please help because I have to write an in class essay on certain aspects about buddism and that is one. My teacher hasn't given me any notes I was supposed to research this my self.

thanks

Ash

stupidfathead

my sis' sneeky work^^^
HSC
hey, if your school does indochina in modern history, their text books have a good starting point on buddist protests and resistance to change in the Vietnamese war (reffered to by the vietnamese as the american war). also if not try googling 'self immancipation buddists vietnam war'. Quite interesting but not for the weak stomached. also, are you concentrating on any particular country ecause i think buddism in some countries develops due to the influences of different cultures occupying them acculturation and all that jazz. hope this has been helpful and good luck.

Stix06

HSC
thanks so much that is very helpful. I'm doing modern so I will check out the text book when I get home.

cheers

Kulazzi

HSC
well, you can say how buddhism has been manifested when introduced to the western societies. There was a documentary from ABC's Compass on Buddhism and I remember seeing about 100 [possibly more] golden statues of the buddha maybe implying materialism which isn't really what buddhism about.

See Buddha Realms - The Delusion of Permanence and Buddha Realms - Permanent Change

Hopefully, these will help you with your essay, especially on change :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)