Belonging, prescribed text (The Simple Gift) and 2 related materia (1 Viewer)

wonderhero2

HSC
Can anyone please give me an idea of how to structure an essay which includes belonging, prescribed text (The Simple Gift) and 2 related material. I'm just not sure how to layout all the points. If possible can you provide some notes about belonging and The Simple Gift.

Toranilor

HSC
What I was advised to do is get three points that are represented in two or three of your texts.

Then arrange your paragraphs like so;

Point1
-TextA
-TextB

Point2
-TextA
-TextC

Point3
-TextA
-TextB
-TextC

Text A is your perscribed text, of course. Be sure you can supplement Text C for Text B and vice-versa, you may be asked for only one supp text.

Haven't read 'The Simple Gift', can't help you there I'm afraid.

wonderhero2

HSC
so u mean find a unique point which is clear within all my 3 texts hence showing a link between the texts.....and somehow relate this to the question....sounds simple.

Thx, Toranilor ;)

_blank

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, find 2-3 common belonging ideas in your core and related.

So for example:
- belonging gives us a sense of identity
- belonging makes us feel safe/secure
- belonging is an emotional connection to place/people

SurgicalPhoenix

HSC
so u mean find a unique point which is clear within all my 3 texts hence showing a link between the texts.....and somehow relate this to the question....sounds simple.

Thx, Toranilor ;)
If you can, find 3 main points in The Simple Gift,
Eg: I have 1. Cailtin seeing old Bill for the first time (Builds her Acceptance of him)
2. Old Bills Past (Shows Identity) &
3. The Key Old Bill Gives to Billy (This one our english teachers are telling us is the main point you SHOULD write about in the essay)

After you find your 3 points, relate them to certain scenes in your 2 related texts, then relate to belonging or back to question. Hope that helps?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)