Best and worst eyeshadows (favourite colour) (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm not a regular user of eyeshadows and I've been only using black so what brand would you recommend and why? I would really appreciate it if you could recommend me something good but not too pricey.
What do they mean by "creasing"?

Also, what colours do you like to use?
Also, if you had any bad experiences with a certain brand, do tell so i can avoid it.

I want to try some gold for going out at night.

HSC
I don't wear eyeshadow everyday, but when going out I might. I've found that even shit eyeshadows can be made decent with the use of a good eye primer. It helps the shadow adhere to the lid and not slide off/crease over the course of the day and can also make the colour of an eyeshadow more vibrant. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance which is really awesome! The tube looks really small and is about $35, but you only need the tiniest amount on each eyelid. I also use it just underneath my eye, to create a barrier of sorts if I'm wearing eyeliner on my waterline. I never used to be able to wear eyeliner on my water line without it eventually sliding down and settling under my eyes, but now I can =].

I've found MAC eyeshadows to be highly pigmented, but they can get a bit pricey if you'd like to get a wide range of colours. But otherwise they're a really good product.

Sadiah

HSC
I'm not a regular user of eyeshadows and I've been only using black so what brand would you recommend and why? I would really appreciate it if you could recommend me something good but not too pricey.
What do they mean by "creasing"?

Also, what colours do you like to use?
Also, if you had any bad experiences with a certain brand, do tell so i can avoid it.

I want to try some gold for going out at night.
MAC eyeshadows are pretty good.

Gold is good. It looks awesome!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I never wear eye shadow because I really have no idea how to apply it or what colours suit my eye colour. But I've heard that MAC is good.

HSC
I never wear eye shadow because I really have no idea how to apply it or what colours suit my eye colour. But I've heard that MAC is good.
If you ever decide to try, get an angled brush. Those little shadow applicators that come with eyeshadows are useless.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I need to invest in some brushes.

No point getting some decent eyeshadow if I'm applying it with my fingers.

I might get my eyebrows shaped at MAC and get some eyeshadow that way haha.

HSC
I've noticed that on a lot of tv shows, to get that 'natural' look a lot of make up artists just use varying shades of brown on the actors. This is probably a good look for daily wear for most eye colours/skin tones.

A really fine, shimmery gold would look lovely! I wonder if using a mixing medium instead of just applying it dry would make it look more like 'liquid gold' ?

HSC
I've noticed that on a lot of tv shows, to get that 'natural' look a lot of make up artists just use varying shades of brown on the actors. This is probably a good look for daily wear for most eye colours/skin tones.

A really fine, shimmery gold would look lovely! I wonder if using a mixing medium instead of just applying it dry would make it look more like 'liquid gold' ?
I think making it look like liquid gold might turn out a little too drag queen. I was thinking a bit of shimmery line above the eyeliner.

But I you can always experiment.

showy

HSC
Creasing is when you use a thick or mousse based eye shadow and there is eyeshadow missing in the 'creases' of your eyelids-where your skin naturally folds a bit when you open and close your eyes.

Its not usually a problem unless you've got liquid foundation on your eyelids before application or you use a mousse/liquid eyeshadow.

I've found that it doesn't get much better then a Revlon palette of different browns- black, dark brown, light brown, cream- or Lancome color dose mousse if you're willing to spend more.

I have dark blue eyes but i tend to stick more with natural creams/browns/golds- pulling off bright colours is difficult!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
keep it natural i reckon. you see those girls with these hideous green/purple/red/etc eyelids and just think no deal.

ZaraKu

HSC
I like napoleon eye shadow, they blend really well. I also have a really high shine silver/chrome eyeliner from inglot that is awesome, I think they have gold as well. It's usually best to start out with colours that compliment your eye colour.
•Blue: Rich warm browns, warm taupes and soft peaches
•Green and Hazel: Golden browns, warm taupes, deep purples, soft peaches and soft violets.
•Grey: Charcoal, cool brown and purple.
•Brown: Knock yourself out...you lucky women get to wear any color you want!
Hope that helps you out

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I wear smoky green eyeshadow sometimes (I have brown eyes, pale skin and brown-red hair) and I quite like how it looks. It's not garish or anything.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
In general, blue eyes suit gold and bronze, green eyes suit purple and navy, brown eyes suit purple and green, hazel eyes suit purple and eggplant, grey eyes suit pinky purples and browns

mac has the most colours but I like makeup for ever

revlon has some good shades

and yes to eye primers, they make all the difference

and buy brushes. If you need help ask me, god only knows how much money I've spent on eyeshadow

HSC
Yeah I wear smoky green eyeshadow sometimes (I have brown eyes, pale skin and brown-red hair) and I quite like how it looks. It's not garish or anything.
Sounds lovely. I want to try green as well.
Got me some L'Oreal chrome shine in gold today. Was originally eyeing mac goldmine but I can't afford it at the moment.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
umm i usually wear like bronze/brown eyeshadow. but sometimes when i wanna change it up a bit, like when im going out, i do smokey eyes :)

fo-reals93

HSC
I use a bronzer that i have as an eyeshadow and it goes well with my blue eyes! Also like purples and peachy pinks..
Still looking for that 'pop' colour though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)