Best approach to pulling an all-nighter (1 Viewer)

deloving

HSC
There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (8 members and 3 guests)
deloving, aceer, cheepy5, enoilgam, Render777, studyhappy
yyy..

wagig

HSC
Thanks guys; i've never had coffee before but i guess its time to branch out a little :p

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Probs should just work hard from after school till midnight then get up at like 5/6am and continue.

Then again, I've never ever pulled an all nighter (for anything work related that is) so I guess my input is invalid.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I would honestly say the best approach is the approach that means you don't need to do them.

You'll just accrue a sleep debt anyway. You'd be amazed at how a screwed up sleep pattern can affect you so much (experience as a night shift worker).

Now one all nighter won't do much damage-but really the productivity they give is an illusion because your mind won't be fresh and take longer to do things, it means you are less effective the next day at absorbing new material and you will likely end up catching the sleep up the next night or weekend.

Taking care of yourself is the most important thing in tackling anything in life. From the HSC to trying to build a to scale model of the Eiffel Tower with toothpicks-you should aim to be fully rested, calm minded and put your best foot forward.

HSC
if you managed your time more effectively you wouldn't have to stay awake all night anyway :/

Frostbitten

HSC
Drink heaps of water with ice in it, gets you up to go to the toilet very regularly and the cold makes you feel awake. Coffee makes you all warm and comfortable which does not help why trying to stay awake at 5am in the morning.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
BAHAHAHAHA

m8. Pulling all-nighters in prelim? You're going to die next year.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Everybody's just jealous of OP's dedication.

Get on his level you casuals.

ebbygoo

HSC
dedication? lol no. more like sheer stupidity, not managing time properly
Don't leave your assignment to the last minute = problem solved

I strongly feel that these comments do not help the OP and thus are not welcome here. He asked for tips on how to stay up; not how to manage his time/schedule/study patterns. Just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)