Best books to read for area of study: Discovery (1 Viewer)

beaubrah

HSC
I'm in year 11 and doing advanced English and I want to know is there any books that are good which relates to discovery

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR

GabbyS

HSC
Discovery is very much like belonging in that almost every text has some aspect of the concept within it. My related text was 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad, an excellent novella. Other texts that people I know did include 'Looking for Alibrandi (film/novel), Memoirs of a Geisha (novel), 'Tracks' by Robyn Davidson, and Tim Winton novels/short stories. Look for texts that can show different types of discoveries such as self-discovery, relationships and places, and positive and negative discoveries too. You're only at the start of year 11, you've got plenty of time to read and view widely and find a text you like. Don't stress and good luck!

matchalolz

HSC
woahh it's really early for this, um sorry i don't read that much so i don't really have any suggestions

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
To be honest, when you consider related texts for previous HSC area of study such as journey, change and belonging(2014) if you are skilful enough you can easily make them adapt to discovery. But for now, I would say you don't need to worry about it since it is almost more than half a year away...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)