Best hsc maths books (1 Viewer)

HSC
If I do 4u then will 3u be easier?
If you do 4u, firstly it will be enjoyable and extremely regarding, provided you do well enough.

There is a significant change from 3u to 4u however there are some topics which overlap such as Polynomials, integration, volumes. Doing 4u allows you to understand why you do certain things in 3u instead of being taught that if this happens you do this and if that happens you do that. 4u enhances your understanding of the 3u course. If you're good at maths then do 4u

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
If you do 4u, firstly it will be enjoyable and extremely regarding, provided you do well enough.

There is a significant change from 3u to 4u however there are some topics which overlap such as Polynomials, integration, volumes. Doing 4u allows you to understand why you do certain things in 3u instead of being taught that if this happens you do this and if that happens you do that. 4u enhances your understanding of the 3u course. If you're good at maths then do 4u
yeah i'm planning on doing both 4u maths and 4u english.

angrycookies

HSC
Best is Cambridge, however at this time when it is nearing HSC do as many past papers both trials and HSC

iStudent

HSC
The idea is that you choose a decent book that you prefer, do all the questions in it (so you have a solid understanding of the topic and question forms) then you do "select" questions from all the other books as a complement (i.e. skip the questions you know how to do). That way you get the best of all books :)
For me, the book I started with was MiF lol.
On topic: the best book would be Cambridge (I think that guy that literally takes past trial/hsc questions and copies it into his book lol. Terry Lee does that as well I believe)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)