Best MODERN day guitarist (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
biggles04 said:
No, you are incorrect.
1950-present is modern day.
So what, you're the head of the What Every Word Means Society?
Modern can mean different things fucktard, and he defined it in his first post.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
if we're going to turn this into a debate what "modern" music means

ie whether you're using modernism, or you mean "present day" or in relation to "avante garde music", which is used in present day when you wanna get into "movements" and the chronology of musical history, just don't bother.

honestly.

I'm assuming its "of this generation"

yes?

correct me if im wrong, im not holding any stand here

tanguyen

HSC
heybraham.. I don't know what my version of "modern" is really called so I just called it modern cuz that seemed the most logical name to give it. I didn't know that "modern music" is 50's to present but yeh.. I defined my "term" of modern in the first post to avoid people from arguing with each other about what modern means and basically lose the gist of this whole thread. Thanks for reminding the "p33p5" (damn gay l337) bazookajoe and yes "ur inner child".. I meant like this generation cuz there's been like billions of threads already about the "all time" best guitarist so just decided to make one about something new.

I completely forgot about Frusciante and yeh.. even if he had a record before the 90's I'll still let that one pass. I'd kill for his riffmaking ability.. "riff diarhhoea"... I reckon he looks a bit like Jesus and you can't go wrong if you look like the great man himself.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
Stop it with the definition wanking on the word modern.

He defined the terms of the chronology in his post, if you don't like it, shut up about it and moan about us behind our backs.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
FreakTrigger said:
Stop it with the definition wanking on the word modern.

He defined the terms of the chronology in his post, if you don't like it, shut up about it and moan about us behind our backs.
sit down you bitter man

Pikelet

Knight Baggy
HSC
John Frusciante for sure. Im glad no ones mentioned a punk guitarist, that could get messy.

tanguyen

HSC
Pikelet said:
John Frusciante for sure. Im glad no ones mentioned a punk guitarist, that could get messy.
Lol true that... I'm not suggesting he's influential but Tom Delonge probably encouraged other kids to pick up a guitar and learn it but thing is all they learn are blink song so it cancels each other out... He probably almost ruined guitar too.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
Sounds about right to me.

it's like he's the best. At sodomizing children.

G

Gavvvvvin

Flea doesnt even come close to being considered the greatest.

alayenay

HSC
I don't listen to a lot of contemporary rock so I really don't feel I can judge...I guess the guitarists from The Mars Volta/The Red Hot Chili Peppers would win it for me. But nothing comes close to the trio of greatness: Jimi Hendrix/Jimmy Page/Eric Clapton! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)