Best MODERN day guitarist (1 Viewer)

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
Yeah good point :(

I don't think anyone today is better than he was though

ND

HSC
Becker is insane, definaely my favourite guitarist ever. In terms of chops, i think that Rusty Cooley is the best "modern day" guitarist.

Most of the guitarists mentioned in this thread are nothing compared to real shredders.

HSC
ND said:
Becker is insane, definaely my favourite guitarist ever. In terms of chops, i think that Rusty Cooley is the best "modern day" guitarist.

Most of the guitarists mentioned in this thread are nothing compared to real shredders.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA *breath* HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

r u serios?

u canot be serios?

Dude, rusty cooley is a fucking joke. Sloppiest piece of crap, the most bland uninteresting licks, the most horrible tone. Sorry, but picking 4 note per string scale patterns (simple ones at that) at 300bpm is not the criterion for best guitarist, and fuck - if you're tone sounds like MIDI and you're playing expressionless passagess, fuck it, I'd rather listen to MIDI.

Bumblefoot > all.

HSC
Kaiser Zero said:
You think he's better or he's just the best now?
Hard to say.

There is no way Becker would be able to play most Bumblefoot stuff. Bumblefoot is just so fucking unique, his guitar vocabulary of licks and stuff is just way different to anytihng ever seen before.

From what I've heard of Becker, while fast, it's pretty simple stuff - simple scales and arpeggios, just at insane speeds.

Bumblefoot is totally different, insanely difficult stuff, at insane speeds.

I don't know if bumblefoot's chops are up to scratch to be able to play Becker stuff, but bumblefoot is in a league of his own anyway.

ND

HSC
I didn't say that his music was any good, he just has awesome technique. Hence the "in terms of chops". Same can be said for Michael Angelo.

HSC
Believe it or not, I didn't say anything about his music either.

Played simple patterns with pace (and amounts of slop that would make a pig farmer blush) does not equal technique.

Technique is alot more than that.

Stan..

HSC
Sean Malone from Cynic(Now Gordian Knot) would be the greatest Bassist.
John Petrucci would be one of many great guitarists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)