Best/Most Useful Textbook (1 Viewer)

Maximar

HSC
Well, from my experience I would say Cambridge 3 Unit is probably the best. As it has a fixed structure of difficulty. Showing how you can perform. However, if you really want to get the understanding from the beginning then Maths in Focus would be most suitable for you. I haven't used New Senior Mathematics yet but will soon do.

karnbmx

HSC
At school, we use Cambridge 3U. It is, by far, THE BEST book for understanding the concepts, and in each exercise, the questions have an increasing curve of difficulty, which I find, is excellent for grasping them.

One thing though that annoys me about it is the way the topics are organised throughout the text. They are sort of, well, all over the place. :S

Another text I find most useful to study from is Fitzy's 3Unit text. Like Cambridge, the concepts are well explained, and the questions are quite good, especially for trig.

Phoenix is good for the questions, but I wouldn't trust their worked solutions. From my experience, I have found too many mistakes, which has in a way, put me off from using it in recent times.

For extra HSC-style questions, I recommend the "100 Mini-HSC" Series from John Smith. It is generally overlooked, and only found in Dymocks (to my understanding), but the variety of questions are by far, the most original. He tends to vary the wording of similar questions throughout the book as well, so you get accustomed to the different ways a HSC paper can ask the same type of problems.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
yeh cambridge is pretty advanced and high in context although with less explanation.i.e challenging questions and problems.Althought it is not very detailed. if you wanT SOMETHIng details buy
maths in focus 11 etc

shravan_872

HSC
Uni Grad
I use Jones and Couchman, New senior Mathematics and Cambridge 3 Unit mathematics

cineti970128

HSC
Definitely Cambridge 3 unit, even though it doesnt have full answers it has wide range of intermediate to challenging questions which will further help you extend your skills in Math. Challenging questions are really!!!!! hard so either you spend hours doing them or you can go through them with you tutor

Cambridge is the best math text book!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)