Best sushi in Sydney? (1 Viewer)

ikarusdanoz

HSC
Just wondering where you think the best sushi in sydney can be found: i tried a place called musashi in the city, i thought that was pretty good...anyway, your thoughts! (and no, dont mention tetsuya's, that doesn't count lol)

efhat

HSC
well im around central/haymarket alot and i've found the tastiest one around that area is from sushi train in market city. it.is.delicious. they make it on the spot and you get a discount aswell if you're a student.
Harbourside sushi (?) i think thats what its called on broadway is also good

x_rogerr

HSC
i hate sushi now, everytime i eat sushi i get a bad stomach ache like 2 - 4 hrs later, i dont know why ):

08er

HSC
probably from eating fish that werent fresh

iNerd

Banned
HSC
the place in eastwood, near that busy fruit market is good
there real cheap
and give heaps of food
and actually load the plate when you order meals

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
oh in the cross there is this AWESOME sushi place
haven't had from there is ages so don't remember name sorry :(

sushi e at establishment sucks. well, it doesn't, but idk. i prefer my X sushi.

Salem O'Brien

HSC
'Hikaru' in Newtown near the end of King St. 5 minutes from USYD, best sushi i've ever had by far.

Sonata

HSC
heard there was 1 up in market city, heard its cheap and value for money

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
theres this one at castle towers, its not a restaurant, but part of a chain but its really nice...3 for 6.50 :D used to be 6 dollars but was popular

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
heard there was 1 up in market city, heard its cheap and value for money
yeah, that place is really good, $2.50 for the massive rolls if i remember correctly, and they taste nice as well :)

but recently cheched out asakaze, their chicken teriyaki sushi is realllllllly good, they put in this massive chicken piece inside and it tastes amazing, $2.80 for it :) they have heaps of stores everywhere, right now i can think of the one in wynyard and parra...

HSC
Umi Kaiten Zushi.

THe ultimate place for sushi. <3
Near Captial Building and Haymarket. <3

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Sushi Choo in the City. It's down the alleyway near Peter Alexander across from Wynyard station on George St. It's part of the Merivale Group. Strikingly fresh seafood, great service and extremely well made. Not the usual salmon, tuna & kingfish sashimi or california roll (gasp!). Interesting stuff like scallop sashimi, eel, various types of makimono rolls, nigiri sushi etc etc. Made it into the SMH Foodies Guide to Sydney the last few years. Worth a visit. Look it up on Google if you want.

Bananaberry

HSC
I like the sushi train in Newtown, althought it should be bigger...stuff waiting for a seat.
There used to be a sushi shop in the westfield (i think) on Pitt Street in the city that had the best smoked salmon and cream cheese sushi rolls...effing YUM

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
as for your question,

the 'best' sushi is sydney would probably be at an exclusive Japanese restaurant.

as for the other responses of '$2.50 rolls/sushi train'.
sorry guys, that's not quality sushi.
think about it, when good quality tuna goes for $1000+/kg in japan

how can a $3.50 plate at sushi train cut it?

i think the best sushi i've had was $80 for 4 little rice/sashimi things, which you can probably get for $5 here in sydney from those take out places.

now that was the best i've had, higher quality 7+ stuff
im not going to spend more than that for something i can't really taste the difference in.

to put it to scale the sushi from those sushi train franchises would probably be a 2.5 at the most

chefman21

HSC
N/A
as for your question,

the 'best' sushi is sydney would probably be at an exclusive Japanese restaurant.

as for the other responses of '$2.50 rolls/sushi train'.
sorry guys, that's not quality sushi.
think about it, when good quality tuna goes for $1000+/kg in japan

how can a $3.50 plate at sushi train cut it?

i think the best sushi i've had was $80 for 4 little rice/sashimi things, which you can probably get for $5 here in sydney from those take out places.

now that was the best i've had, higher quality 7+ stuff
im not going to spend more than that for something i can't really taste the difference in.

to put it to scale the sushi from those sushi train franchises would probably be a 2.5 at the most
Yoshii just near Circular Quay. It's pricey ($100 per head) but amazing. Has two chef's hats atm and is in the Top 25 restaurants in the country.

On the tuna, you are absolutely right. It's usually poor quality and low in fat. The top of the line toro is amazing, as long as you know what to taste for, your palate is well trained and refined and is prepare correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)