Best Textbook for HSC Maths Extension 1?? (1 Viewer)

maria98

HSC
I've heard good things about the Cambridge 3u HSC textbook, but when I compare the topics listed on their website with the extension 1 syllabus on the board of studies website, some parts don't match up? I bought the Cambridge 3u prelim textbook for year 11 but none of the topics matched up with the syllabus so I couldn't use it at all...?

maria98

HSC
Well the Cambridge 2u hsc textbook had all the topics listed in the syllabus so I could work through the topics as we learnt them at school. It would just be pretty inconvenient to have to refer to other textbooks/the internet when theres a topic missing in the textbook...

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
So what textbook are you using now for your Ext 1?

maria98

HSC
I just finished year 11 so I currently don't have a textbook for hsc ext 1 maths, I just wanted to get my textbook ahead of time. But for prelim, the school gave us an (extremely tattered) coroneos textbook, which had some pretty good questions in it but I feel like Cambridge establishes the theory part a lot more clearly, and Coroneos was also pretty hard to read:p

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
The Prelim & HSC volumes of Cambridge Maths 3U should more than cover the Maths Ext 1 syllabus.

FlameLash

HSC
The Cambridge textbooks are arranged the way in which the authors recommend the course should be tackled. Many schools approach the course in different ways, often examining components of the HSC course during the preliminary year, and vice versa during the HSC year. As such, both textbooks should cover all topics within the preliminary and HSC courses, even if they are in a different order to that which your school uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)