Best university for Astronomy/ Astrophysics ? (1 Viewer)

golfpro

HSC
N/A
I know MQ has a degree in this but the UAI is only 75, plus MQ isnt the GREATEST uni compared to usyd and unsw and anu which all have astronomy as well.

So its between USYD, UNSW, MQ, ANU.

Im pretty sure astronomy at USYD is crap, it doesnt look like there are any courses to do with astronomy at all, except for 3 units of study in 3 years, and the first year subject u dont need to know any maths or physics AHAHAHA. good god.

UNSW i dont know.

MQ seems to have a good program but im not sure about them compared to other unis.

ANU is the best uni in australia and i dont know much about there program in astronomy. + canberra :eek: hahaha.

Any one know whch uni is the best for astronomy, im thinkn its ANU but i cant be sure.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Your deduction process is astoundingly retarded.
1. UAI cutoff doesn't mean shit about the quality of the course. Also MQ is better than anywhere in NSW for actuarial studies, so why can't it do the same for astro?
2. You've stated that you don't even know if ANU has a programme in astronomy, but even if it doesn't exist it must be the best.
3. Just because a subject doesn't have the prefix "astro-" anywhere in its name doesn't mean it's unrelated to astrophysics. USyd does astro majors, but requires you have a grounding in related areas as well.

golfpro

HSC
N/A
I didnt say if i dont know if ANU has astronomy, i do know it has it and im pretty sure itd kick MQ's ass. BUT I DONT KNOW.

and if usyd has astro majors then i cant seem to find any units of study relating to it.

ALSO major areas of study at USYD dont contain astronomy/astro.

physics is the clostest thing to it.

I agree with ur first point though.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
tbh, the only universities in Australia with a good science/mathematics/physics faculties are Melbourne, ANU, Sydney and UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)