Better to just do General? (1 Viewer)

El Magnifico

HSC
Okay so im currently in a bit of a predicament im positive that when i sit the HSC the maximum i will get in the test is 75% however in General i feel i could easily sit the test and gain a 90%, How much would aligning and scaling come into play and how much difference would it make to my ATAR, i put these scores into SAM it made the difference of about 5 ATAR points (in favor of General) which for me is massive, How reliable is this with these raw marks and would my best bet lie in General?

Quick feedback would be hugely appreciated as my time to drop is limited, cheers in advance ;]

HSC
Uni Grad
Retard Maths: 90% raw = 76% scaled
Mathematics: 75% raw = 58% scaled

IMO, drop to retard maths.

El Magnifico

HSC
Retard Maths: 90% raw = 76% scaled
Mathematics: 75% raw = 58% scaled

IMO, drop to retard maths.
How do you come up with those figures? (i have quite limited to knowledge on how the scaling procedures work)

Also the fact my cohort is beating by fair bit largely to do with most of them do 3 unit and way better mathematically im from a small school (our 2 unit class has 5 people) to which im 3rd. Basically there is a big gap from 1st to where i'm.

Soooo retard maths my best bet?

El Magnifico

HSC
I just plugged those numbers into UMAX.
Ahh only was familiar with SAM.

Wow interesting results after using that UMAX, apparently when i plugged in with my other scores if i was to get a 90 in 2 unit it would only be 1 Atar point better then if i was to get a 90 in General - surely that can't be right? (however SAM also agreed)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
retard maths!
retard maths!

El Magnifico

HSC
retard maths!
retard maths!
Woo retard maths, I borrowed the textbook for the holidays, its kinda hard to take seriously but meh if it could be the difference between 5 ATAR points, who am i to complain? :D

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh only was familiar with SAM.

Wow interesting results after using that UMAX, apparently when i plugged in with my other scores if i was to get a 90 in 2 unit it would only be 1 Atar point better then if i was to get a 90 in General - surely that can't be right? (however SAM also agreed)
1 point seems about right, it doesn't seem like much but it depends on the context i.e. 98.95 and 99.95 is a big difference whereas between 30 and 31, either way you're still a retard.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Woo retard maths, I borrowed the textbook for the holidays, its kinda hard to take seriously but meh if it could be the difference between 5 ATAR points, who am i to complain? :D
lol, and that there.. will be the greatest barrier to general maths, no doubt.

El Magnifico

HSC
1 point seems about right, it doesn't seem like much but it depends on the context i.e. 98.95 and 99.95 is a big difference whereas between 30 and 31, either way you're still a retard.
Haha yeah very true, i'd love to be the kid with dilemma of 98.95 or 99.95 but for me it was the difference between about 84/85 (and that could still be abit of wishful thinking) and with the realistic 2 unit mark of 75% was about an 79.5 and when you consider the difficulty of getting that 90 in general to the 90 in 2 unit; i guess its hard to argue with retard maths...

El Magnifico

HSC
lol, and that there.. will be the greatest barrier to general maths, no doubt.
Really to weight it up the greatest problem in both courses will be.

Condescending nature of General & Banging my head against a desk cause i cant derive a certain problem in 2 Unit.

I'mma thinking Retard Maths!

hscishard

HSC
General maths isn't retarded...
I mean, I was interested in a general book in year 9.

Lmao. Why do people think so low about General. ><
I doubt many people will use calculus frequently in their lifespan.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
General maths isn't retarded...
I mean, I was interested in a general book in year 9.

Lmao. Why do people think so low about General. ><
I doubt many people will use calculus frequently in their lifespan.
you just answered your own question in your post

El Magnifico

HSC
Why do people think so low about General. ><
Perhaps the real question is why do people think so low of Retards ;)

But perhaps i should not bag it out too much, when im leaning towards doing it myself. Retards unite.

Nadiaa

HSC
If you are in year 12, technically you are not permitted to drop to General Maths. The BOS considers Mathematics, Extension I, and Extension II to be different levels of the same course. But it considers General to be a different course, and you can't begin a new course in year 12.

woahhhh??
really?
:S
no i heard you can
lol im in the exact same prob.
realistically i can get 75 max in hsc
but i dnt wanna drop down to general :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)