Bhor Bhor u r such a bore...need help!!! (1 Viewer)

mozzie

HSC
ok Bhor's model is seriously stressing me out....i know all the basic stuff with the orbitals and hydrogen spectrum but i'm having trouble articulating proper ans to 4 5 and 6 mark qs...especially abt the mathematical model to account for the hydrogen spectrum...any suggestions

Jase

HSC
Most of the times, those 4 mark questions dont really need to be that detailed. Like one paragraph will do. 5 6 markers are a bit more, so you most of the time need to start crapping on a tangent. Underline the keywords, i.e. 'hydrogen spectrum. mathematical model. Bohr.'- and then talk about as much as you know about these if you have difficulty answering the question directly.

You might also want to consider spelling Bohr Bohr. : P

That's the lazy way out, or you could really synthesise it.

Bohr's model explained with theory as well as experiment the mathematical models for the hydrogen spectrum. By using his postulates, he rederived Balmer's empirical equation, hence confirming both the eqaution and his theory. Using his model, an expression for the wavelengths of the hydrogen spectrum could be derived. < insert Rydberg's equation >

sub

jase i dont think id give u 4 marks for that... do we have to detail the maths involved? ie all the E1/n^2 crap thats in jacaranda?

Jase

HSC
If I were you, and you were a marker, I would give me 4 marks.

But really, if you actaully write that out on a page, that would fill the space for a 4 mark question...

I dont think you need to know the maths in detail.

mozzie

HSC
Jase said:
Most of the times, those 4 mark questions dont really need to be that detailed. Like one paragraph will do. 5 6 markers are a bit more, so you most of the time need to start crapping on a tangent. Underline the keywords, i.e. 'hydrogen spectrum. mathematical model. Bohr.'- and then talk about as much as you know about these if you have difficulty answering the question directly.

You might also want to consider spelling Bohr Bohr. : P

That's the lazy way out, or you could really synthesise it.

Bohr's model explained with theory as well as experiment the mathematical models for the hydrogen spectrum. By using his postulates, he rederived Balmer's empirical equation, hence confirming both the eqaution and his theory. Using his model, an expression for the wavelengths of the hydrogen spectrum could be derived. < insert Rydberg's equation >
lol so true...such a blond cant believe i spelt Bohr wrong ...thats a sure way to screw the exams.

sub

its a damn phys paper...u reckon they'd care? about spelling

mojako

HSC
sub said:
its a damn phys paper...u reckon they'd care? about spelling
just spell everything wrong, it'll be funny :p

mojako

HSC
Gesus said:
hmm, this is for a option right ?? :p
well yea its for the quantum spelling option, to be announced in late 2004

Jase

HSC
The pringsipal off rehla-tyvyty was ferst stayted by Gallylei-o and emmbodyed in Neueton's ferst law.
FUL MRAKS!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
quantum spelling,... hmm thats interesting

that would mean if i want to spell 'dog'
first i ahve to quantise it into letters
'd' 'o' 'g'
and spell each of the letters

dee owe gee

hmm?

Jase

HSC
Sounds fun. Quantum spell "quantum"

kue you ayy enn tee you emm

Quantum voice "quantum"

kwan-nt-ùmm

The exlusion principle - no more than two of the same letters can occupy the same syllable.
the Quarklets are the letters, each syllable can only contain no more than four letters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)