biased teachers (1 Viewer)

HSC
i goto a non-selective, public school and whenever we get our assessment results (particularly in english) back...you get the wide range of marks and everytime its always one partiocular class (the marker's class) who gets the top range of marks. Some of the pplz who get these unblievebly high marks are not even great students...but just the fact that their in that teachers class whose marking all our assessments! :mad:

Our schools marking system is so damn unfair especially since we have our names and class teacher written on our assessments while other schools use studnet numbers!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Maybe if you slipped them a 50 they'd treat you better?

Last edited:

Wohzazz

HSC
Yeah this system seems unfair. I doubt know why your school doesn't adopt the number system. And anyway, the marker's class usually has the advantage despite this because the teacher teaches her student more of what he/she expects. This just augments their advantage.

You'll probably have to complain to your teachers or maybe head teacher. Or otherwise, accept it. Acknowledge you go to a not-so good school and just try you best to get the uni course you want. GL

korry

HSC
N/A
why don't u speak to your principal or something...and if they won't do anything about it...try the Board Of Studies...coz it sounds really unfair
i mean with the HSC now, as long as u fulfill the criteria and that kinda stuff u should get the marks

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
ours is like that as in they can see ur name, but each time a iff. techer marks them all so u get once where ur teacher marks.

i like it coz ppl can see my name and in the past ie year 10 i have done really well and i sort of maybe get more marks coz the teacher sees the name

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
well, i always write my name on the back of the essay or whatever it is. ( i know i know, they could simply turn the page over and see but i'd rather they do that then have my name staring at them in the face as they read the essay!) but yeah i know some schools (MLC for example) use the student no. system and i like that. but my skool is not very innovative so i doubt they will get around to that idea until the 2025 HSC class...

also, we had an english in class essay earlier this yr and we have two adv classes. the other teacher marked it but my class scored higher by all students in the task so..hmmmm

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
I think there is always going to be some sort of bias...

even if my school adopted the whole number system, if your teacher is marking, they recognise your handwriting... or they will recognise a lot from a pile and work out that it must be their class...

so either way you lose

but if your school is like my school each english teacher marks different assessments...

i guess i have it a bit easier though i have the head teacher. but even still i get pretty decent marks anyway

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
we always use the student numbers..
in small classes.. its usually obvious by the way the person says things.. also handwriting if its an in class thing
in croatian we write names.. theres only 5 people in my class and even if we didnt know the handwriting it would be obvious who was who
i thought schools had to use the student number.. hmm

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
if that is true cro angel then MY school is breaking the rules!

santaslayer

HSC
if u have a strong case against them, then u should do something about it (meaning u can actually PROVE what ur saying is true).....otherwise, u should change skools or something.....

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Don't have to use student numbers until trials unfortunately. Stupid fat cow woman teacher who looks at names, goes ooooo 11/20, and distributes random ticks throughout said document.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We never had the situation where a particular class did better. And even though I was a favourite I don't think marks benefitted from it, my marks were my marks. However, I did get away with a lot more, bludging in class, not handing in hw etc.

HSC
hmmm...i very much doubt the teachers know the students so well as to recognize their handwriting...well in my case anyway since we rarely hand things in (e.g hmwk to mark), and there isnt a particularly close student-teacher rleationship happening either. Nevertheless, im still hoping we adopt the student number system...at least for the trials, or else there'll surely be alot of complaints.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
if you feel like the marking system is unfair, then goto the teacher that marked it with your assessment and ask him or her to go through it with you and justify the mark that they gave you, then compare yours to someone who went better, and if anything iffy comes up go and see the studies coordinator for that subject

abdooooo!!!

Banned
no point argueing with teachers... even if you get some other teachers to verify they wouldn't do shit cause they don't wanna offend the co-workers.

students always lose, unless you get a lawyer.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my school had a pretty good marking method for english (because its so interpretive, no defined right or wrong)
there was 3 adv classes right (one boys, one girls, one 3u)
so what they did, the 3u teacher marked ours, our teacher marked the boys, and the boys teacher marked 3u's...then they got together and fiddled with the marks if one group was excessively higher than the others.
the other subjects where there were multiple classes (ie general maths), each teacher would mark their own class (with the answers agreed upon by all teachers), but any time a teacher decided to give half marks for something or they found a prob with the question or whatever, each class had to have the same privaleges

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by peppermint_stix
hmmm...i very much doubt the teachers know the students so well as to recognize their handwriting...well in my case anyway since we rarely hand things in (e.g hmwk to mark), and there isnt a particularly close student-teacher rleationship happening either. Nevertheless, im still hoping we adopt the student number system...at least for the trials, or else there'll surely be alot of complaints.
that may be true for the larger schools, but within smaller ones, our teachers (for our class, not necessarilly the teachers of the other classes) knew our handwriting and our writing style.
my english teacher could tell a typed, nameless piece of writing, just through the style we used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)