Big Day Out 2007! (1 Viewer)

terryanne

HSC
Fabulous!
Im excited about BDO
excuse my ignorance...but wat is D barrier...or do you mean the front?

Beege

HSC
I managed to snap up 2 tickets to the sydney event from a private seller off another forum at cost price!! w00t!! can't wait to see the killers, the herd, the presets and spank rock etc.!

And yes I do agree 'the cooler kids' are getting into music festivals even though they don't really like most of the artists performing, the girls these days are into that electronic trashy shit, the presets are an exception though.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Haha, that wasnt the CSU forum was it? I saw someone advertising on there, and thought BAH that I stressed so much about getting tickets.

Anyway, here's the timetable I decided to go with..

11am - Triple J Unearthed Winner

1pm - Angus and Julia Stone

2pm - Something With Numbers

2:45 - Scribe

3:30 - My Chemical Romance

4:45 - Peaches & Herms

6pm - The Killers

6:45 - The Streets

8pm - Muse

9pm - Tool

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Most of the bands i want to see are in the two main stages, besides Violent Femmes. This year the bands seem to be finishing earlier overall :/

RedTape

HSC
Hm. I wish The Presets & Crystal Method didn't clash with Tool.
I have to see the opening of Tool, but if I do that, I know I'll get sucked in to watching the whole set.
Which means no seeing The Presets, and I strongly doubt I'll get into the Boiler Room after Tool finishes to see the final hour of Crystal Method.
Ah well. :( Decisions, decisions!

HSC
jezzmo said:
KATIE! .. one day. One day we shall finally meet and it will be magical and full of dance.
yes! i was telling my friends to look out for blue inflatable couches, but no luck :eek: um, let me think .. all i can remember is that it was really, really effing hot.

- lily allen was fucking awesome, even if my friends were like :confused: so i had to resort to dancing around by myself. alfie and smile were like the biggest singalongs ever, so awesome.
- kasabian were okay, they were fairly drugfucked though haha.
- saw like half of the killers (from a way away, i didn't want to go anywhere near the d-barrier, apparently it was nuts) .. brandon flowers is such a girl lol
- peaches fucking kicked THAT much ass :eek: (and so did the sideshow last night in byron bay, oh man), she is way too hilarious and messed up, even the people in the crowd that didn't know who she was were cheering and laughing 'cause she and her songs are just that odd
- hot chip came on like 45 minutes late, so i saw like .. ten minutes of them. ha.
- muse, um, my friend is an obsessed fan so we had to watch them. seriously, i know they're 'good', and they put on a good live show i guess, but to be honest i find their music pretty boring. i wandered off to pee and get a drink and missed about half their set
- the presets.. hell to the motherfucking yeah. soooo good. everyone was fucked up and dancing around and singing, and it was so effing great. except they were dragging their songs out forever, i think they actually only played about five or six songs. do we really need ten minutes of cookie? ha, i lost my friend during 'are you the one' 'cause i was holding her hand to pull her through the crowd, and i felt the need to stop and do the hand claps and lost her. mmm dickhead.

i don't give a shit if no-one reads that, i just felt like typing. oh and complaining about the fact that i had to work the next day :(

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i realised i couldve gone to the gold coast bdo :( but i didnt :(

GOING TO PEACHES TOMORROW NIGHT.

HSC
you should've! but dude, she is seriously that great live. so incredibly fucked up, but just .. whoa haha. i nearly pissed my pants laughing at the whole sci-fi entry/exit/peaches trying to deepthroat some glowing lightsaber thing.

i've had her songs in my head all day .. i'd rather fuck who i want than kill who i am told to :eek:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i bought tickets with the assumption that she would be absolutely nuts. i think i mightve been right :eek:

gold coast bdo wouldve been perfect. i was in coolangatta for 2 weeks and that wouldve been my last day. oh well. i wouldve been more pissed off if i missed out on sydney tix

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
anyone else going but doesnt like the same music as their mates

argh
Me! But oh well.

I just realised I'm going to be wearing full black - not really by choice haha... I'm going to look so emo. Black boots as well, mainly cos my feet got stomped on a million times at Muse last night and are now covered in bruises, and I don't want to make them worse :p

HSC
bubz :D said:
Hahah, i wore thongs to my first ever gig - never again :p
haha i had the bright idea to wear thongs to a hanson concert .. rabid 100kg hanson fans jumping on my feet. not cool.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
What Jezzmo you didn't go to Muse?! :mad:

Poor you Matt!! Yeah mobiles were going retarded, I tried SMSing people during Muse but none of them went through... even though I could RECEIVE them. it worked again after I left the stadium, though.

Awesome day, so tired especially since I was still bruised and battered from Muse on Tuesday!! Highlights of course were Muse haha, The Killers, TBE, Faker, Eskimo Joe... Sleepy Jackson weren't bad either, lots of instrumentals... saw bits of Something for Kate, Evermore and Tool, but because they were right after Muse, I couldn't be assed to stay around (it was absolutely packed anyway, including all the seats)

The Killers and Muse were on the same stage - Killers from 6 to 7, Muse from 8 - 9.... When the Killers started, I was still outside the D section struggling to get in haha but I somehow managed to worm my way to the second fucking row by the time they'd finished!!! Everyone was so nice, letting me go in front of them and asking if I was okay every time the crowd pushed... I think it was cos of my height - I didn't see ANYONE shorter than me except for the ones who were being crowd-surfed out :p

Anyway, after an awesome guy asked if I wanted to go in front of him, I made it to the second row, an hour before Muse started. Again, they were absolutely fantastic though I have the say the experience was dampened cos I had two huge guys on either side of me so my ears were blocked half the time cos they were squished in between their arms hahaha

Wanted to go to the Presets but my friend was exhausted so we called it a day.

<333

Didn't see any fights break out, except when we first walked out of the station ahha and some idiot was being restrained by the transit officers... other than that, I didn't see anything happen... I was really impressed by the crowd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)