Big Help Needed!!!!! (1 Viewer)

olegna

HSC
ok here's the deal.
i just completed my first year at macquarie doing a bachelor of media (screen production).
basically, i REALLY cannot continue with this course.
firstly, i simply hate it.
secondly, the convenor of the course admitted something to a friend of mine which really makes me doubt the intentions of this course.
so i want to transfer or somehow apply to UTS Media arts and production, or to UWS communications (media).
i just wanna get out of this.
but i know its kinda late.....

WHAT can i do?
i really don't know how to go round doing this, so i need whatever help i can get :uhoh:

P

pLuvia

Have you applied for UAC yet? Because you can transfer via UAC, but if you haven't you are too late to even consider applying because applications have closed. You'll probably have to wait till mid year and transfer

olegna

HSC
pluvia: no i haven't applied to UAC. but i was a HSC student in 2006, went through UAC, does that mean anything??

melsc: because i've spoken to ppl from those courses and they are vastly different and better than mine.

loser: well pretty much, my friend was told by the head of the division or whatever, that the course isn't designed to reflect the industry or the skills required. makes me wonder, then wtf is the point of this course.

so.. what are my options??

olegna

HSC
i have to wait till 2009? can't transfer mid year??

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
that depends on what course you want to transfer into. some courses allow you to transfer mid year, some don't. you have to do the research.

loser101

HSC
u can transfer provided you got high enough marks to get into the other course.

you know what the lecturer is just telling u the truth about the course re jobs. employers dont care about what subjext u did or shit like that.

all they care is you got a degree related somewhat to the job u r going for. e.g an accountant would look at anyone with a commerce, business degree. but which uni dont really matter (any of the top tier unis, syd, unsw, mq or uts is fine)

a medical sales job may look at anyone with an arts, commerce, sci, IT, degree. u will still get a chance so long as u can speak english and have decent grades.

you learn EVERYTHING u need to know on the job. uni prepares u for the general terms and grounding, but in no way prepares u for day-to-day work.

Last edited:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
loser101 said:
you learn EVERYTHING u need to know on the job. uni prepares u for the general terms and grounding, but in no way prepares u for day-to-day work.
thats true for the basic degrees... professional ones.. lik the dental one.. the nursing one.. and some others .. u have to do clerkships/training in real places.. 9-5 or 9-9
depending on the course

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
You mentioned that you are interested in the B Communication (with a focus on Media Arts Production) at UWS. I work for UWS providing course information, and I’m also a UWS student. To gain entry into the course, you will need to apply through the UAC. pLuvia was correct in saying that applications have closed, for the Main Round. However, if you want to give the Uni a call on the 17th of Jan we can let you know whether there are any vacancies in the Late Round for B Communication. (Free-call number 1800 897 669)
Alternatively, if you are interesting in starting at UWS mid year (the July intake) call UWS in about April and we can check whether that course will be available for a mid year intake.

olegna

HSC
hmm ok thanks.
i'm thinking i'll just complete this first half of the year and then see what happens from there......
seeing as i'm too late to really do anything right now..

enterusername

HSC
hey ya....ur not too late :) :) :)
call uws and see if they have vacanices in the course u want to get into for the late round!!! if they do, apply thru uac (ok ok so there is a late fee, but at least u wont be stuck doing what u dont want to do)
when i transferred i applied for academic credit and got all 8 subjects transferred across into my electives!!! so i didnt lose the year that i completed in a different course
hope the info helps and i hope there are vacancies
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)