Big Names In 06... (1 Viewer)

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Me.....................Well You can Aim as high as you wan't, and then that damn gravity starts kicking in and BANG....You dont even get an E3

But seriously, I don't know there are way too many messed up people in terms of maths ability these days
And those selective schools *shudders*..........There goes My UAI

I

icycloud

Trev said:
Icycloud for sure.
Haha I might be good at maths, but I'm not that good!!! Besides, I can't even top my school, so there's not much chance (read: ~0.1%) I'm going to get Top 10 in the state.

chochibi

HSC
=P ye.. my school's pretty wack about amths. and guess what? 'selective school' xD

bboyelement

HSC
theres this chick at my school that skipped 2 grades ... shes like 15 years old and shes going 4 unit maths along with 4 unit english and shes like really good ... so yeh i wouldnt be surprised if she top the state

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
The people who aim for top 10 might study non stop, but most likely the people that get top 10 do very little or no study at all.

General trends suggest that accelerants rarely do well in maths ext 2, let along anywhere near top 10.

It's a bit early to say who's going to top. I would think people like Vinh Pham, Graham White (if he's doing it again), Charles Li etc will all have a chance for top 10. I'm not going to comment in any more detail this year since I don't personally know many of them.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Na

I want to some some Ownage out of IcyCloud, Pluvia and Riviet

If I get a decent pass I will be happy

GO GO GO T3H Bored

shimmerz_777

HSC
Templar said:
The people who aim for top 10 might study non stop, but most likely the people that get top 10 do very little or no study at all.

General trends suggest that accelerants rarely do well in maths ext 2, let along anywhere near top 10.

It's a bit early to say who's going to top. I would think people like Vinh Pham, Graham White (if he's doing it again), Charles Li etc will all have a chance for top 10. I'm not going to comment in any more detail this year since I don't personally know many of them.
Thats funny because Charles Li used to go to our school, he was in the accellerent class for a bit before he left although i truely think that our 8 accellerants could do take a real good shot at the top 10. except for me, im at the bottom of them

243_robbo

HSC
ChArLeS lI went to soccer camp and never came back, and then his shoe was thrown on top of a builiding outside our maths class and we were forever reminded of that wierdo who left the school and the funny way he spoke
^
|
my life story _

A l

HSC
N/A
Ever since 2004 we've had a student from our school in the top 10 for Mathematics Extension 2. In 2004, Hong-Hui Li came 2nd in the state, while in 2005, David Ong came 6th in the state. Both of them did English Extension 2 as well. Those guys were really talented. Both of them topped the grade in English Extension courses AND Mathematics Extension courses at school. As far as I know, I don't think anyone in our grade is doing both Mathematics Extension 2 and English Extension 2 and so far no one is topping both English and Mathematics.
Hopefully, someone from our year will make the top 10. There's a really talented girl in our grade and she has a male cousin who is in the same year. Both had already learnt the whole course from tutor a year early and are learning it again through tutor so that they know the course back to front. So, I reckon it will be one (or both) of them who will make the state top 10.

P

pLuvia

I think most/all of the MX2 students will be aiming for top 10 or at least a state ranking

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I see that there might have been some confusion around, with threads of people talking about a Charles Li leaving St Pius (2003) etc.

I'm talking about the Charles Li at Grammar, whom to my knowledge has been there since 2004.

shimmerz_777

HSC
Templar said:
I see that there might have been some confusion around, with threads of people talking about a Charles Li leaving St Pius (2003) etc.

I'm talking about the Charles Li at Grammar, whom to my knowledge has been there since 2004.
that would make sense then, because he left in 2003, may have arrived at grammar in 2004. he didnt tell anyone he was leaving when he did which made his dissappearence all the more mysterious and entertaining.

ishq

brown?
HSC
pLuvia said:
I think most/all of the MX2 students will be aiming for top 10 or at least a state ranking
Most of us aimed to pass our assessments.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Just to spoil the fun, Charles Li has been at Grammar since at least 2002.

shimmerz_777

HSC
Templar said:
Just to spoil the fun, Charles Li has been at Grammar since at least 2002.
he was only at pius of about a term, plus how many charles li's are there who are good at math in NSW? i think it is more than coincidental.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)