Billabong (1 Viewer)

esraa

HSC
hey does anyone know the sources of funds for billabong? or any company will do?

jung1239

HSC
I'm using Coke and the sources of funds are:

Internal - CCA is a public company listed on the ASX - owners equity at approximately 1.6 billion. It has also accumulated around 1.7 billion through retained profits

External - Short term borrowing- strong financial position allows easy access to short term borrowing such as overdrafts. It also occasionally uses Bank bills. CCA used 459 million in short term debt in 2002 which declined from 1 billion in 2000. For long term debt CCA mainly relies on debentures and bonds but still uses loans and mortgages from banks and financial institutions occasionally.

CCA also leases equipment and plants rather than outright purchasing them. They approximately use 40 million a year on leasing which is a fraction of what everything would actually cost.

This is all i got.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
hey does anyone know the sources of funds for billabong? or any company will do?
CCA, QANTAS use internal raising on ASX.

Qantas uses leasing for it's aircraft and etc.

CCA is the best choice btw!

esraa

HSC
i'm using coke and the sources of funds are:

Internal - cca is a public company listed on the asx - owners equity at approximately 1.6 billion. It has also accumulated around 1.7 billion through retained profits

external - short term borrowing- strong financial position allows easy access to short term borrowing such as overdrafts. It also occasionally uses bank bills. Cca used 459 million in short term debt in 2002 which declined from 1 billion in 2000. For long term debt cca mainly relies on debentures and bonds but still uses loans and mortgages from banks and financial institutions occasionally.

Cca also leases equipment and plants rather than outright purchasing them. They approximately use 40 million a year on leasing which is a fraction of what everything would actually cost.

This is all i got.
thankyou!! :)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
remember that with case studies, if you get into a situation where the question you get cannot be supported by your case studies, JUST MAKE IT UP ! you have nothing to lose, and made-up case studies are allowed according to the board of studies! you should make up a case study that suits the question sufficiently and gives you decent scope to discuss! :) good luck!

esraa

HSC
remember that with case studies, if you get into a situation where the question you get cannot be supported by your case studies, JUST MAKE IT UP ! you have nothing to lose, and made-up case studies are allowed according to the board of studies! you should make up a case study that suits the question sufficiently and gives you decent scope to discuss! :) good luck!
Thankyouu! that's about the only thing i'm worried about! What type of made up business did you use or would you reccommend?

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Thankyouu! that's about the only thing i'm worried about! What type of made up business did you use or would you reccommend?
I responded to your pm, but for anyone else reading this, I'd recommend you go for a retail business, as it gives scope to discuss change, financial & marketing issues in more detail. :)

ilk

HSC
N/A
can we make something up on an existing business? will it matter? :O

MadGold777

HSC
Do we make up the name of the business too or just make it up about a business?
Also can we make up everything about or case study do specific things need to be true

jung1239

HSC
You can make up everything and anything, mainly since the markers will definitely not know the details of every single business that exists, and yes you can name the business - but it should be a reasonable name.
No, it does not have to be true, it can just be hypothetical.

If you're going to make stuff up on existing businesses don't use a business that the marker may know a lot of information about.

ilk

HSC
N/A
You can make up everything and anything, mainly since the markers will definitely not know the details of every single business that exists, and yes you can name the business - but it should be a reasonable name.
No, it does not have to be true, it can just be hypothetical.

If you're going to make stuff up on existing businesses don't use a business that the marker may know a lot of information about.
like cca, which i was planning to make stuff up if i didnt know the info about....shoot me now

jung1239

HSC
like cca, which i was planning to make stuff up if i didnt know the info about....shoot me now
Definitely don't make stuff up about CCA, as the markers probably know it inside out and will be able to tell instantly. They probably won't deduct marks, but your giving them an impression that you don't know what your talking about and that's an impression you don't want to give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)