binomial help (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
Look at the denominator- its got two consecutive integers yeah. What this suggests to me is that you'll have to integrate (twice probably) because that's what will get you those numbers on the bottom. Then you'll have to sub in some boundary conditions etc. and it should solve nicely. I don't have time now to actually try the question though- let me know if this helps. If you still can't get it and no one else does it, I'll do it sometime later tonight

john-doe

HSC
Look at the denominator- its got two consecutive integers yeah. What this suggests to me is that you'll have to integrate (twice probably) because that's what will get you those numbers on the bottom. Then you'll have to sub in some boundary conditions etc. and it should solve nicely. I don't have time now to actually try the question though- let me know if this helps. If you still can't get it and no one else does it, I'll do it sometime later tonight
ill try that...but looks doable once you showed me this way..thanks!

HSC
You need to integrate the binomial expansion of (1+x)^n twice, remembering +C for each integration. sub in x=0 or something else and it falls out well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)