Bio-Oil? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So I've got all these scars from my face, most of them from popping pimples. Ive used bio-oil for 3 days, and haven't seen any results. Does bio-oil actually work and how long does it take for it to show results? Do the scars totally disappear?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Bio-Oil helps a little bit.

But you've got to wait more than 3 days!

HSC
N/A
I bought Bio-Oil once. Used it religiously for a week, *thought* I saw some improvement, but then lost the bottle :/

I'm currently using Medi-scar, and I *think* that's also working. Will continue using it for the recommended 28 days and hopefully there will be noticable improvement after that.

I think both kinda work in the same way. No they won't make them go TOTALLY away (nothing could do that, as once scar tissue is formed, it's there forever) but they can certainly remove the discolouration and smooth it over a lot. How fast results are depend on your skin type - for example skin like mine that hugs onto scars like a favourite toy takes a bit longer, but either way you'd have to be using the product for at least a few good weeks to see improvement I think. If not months for long-term scars.

HSC
Oh ok. When the color changes, they won't look to noticeable, right?

So scars stay forever? I had a few scars from my soccer playing years, and now after looking for thsoe scars, I can't seem to trace them anymore? Have they dissapeared or something?

HSC
N/A
Some people might get away with scars disappearing totally to the naked eye (but still being noticable under a microscope), other people like me never totally 'visibly' lose them, but they become much less noticable over time.

I think the bigger/deeper they are also affects how noticable they are over time.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
My scars are invisible in most weather, but they redden when it's really hot.
I used vitamin e oil every day for over 8 months, and they basically disappeared.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
My scars are invisible in most weather, but they redden when it's really hot.
I used vitamin e oil every day for over 8 months, and they basically disappeared.
isn't vitamin e (meant to be) used to reduce wrinkles?

i thought it might clog up pores..or something.. don't know :confused:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
no it doesn't clog pores, but if you have existing acne it's best to let it heal before you put the vitamin e on it. I've tried Bio oil and rosa scarless healer and they both work to an extent, but vitamin e (in a bottle or from a capsule) is the best. If you are using the capsules, you split one open and put it on your face and ingest another one, and within a month you will see a good improvement.

The main thing to realise is this is a fairly long process, and you have to be diligent.

HSC
N/A
mmm I think I shall try some of this vitamin E! Did you try the cream/oil, or the capsule?

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Yeah you need to keep going, my friend used bio-oil for her stretch marks, took months but it eventually helped fade them.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
glitterfairy said:
mmm I think I shall try some of this vitamin E! Did you try the cream/oil, or the capsule?
I took a capsule every morning with breakfast, and put the oil from the jar on the scars at bedtime, over my moisturiser.

PS: Nice av, Nakashima. So glad Beyonce's gone...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)