Biology for Forensic Science + Subject Review (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
One of my backup courses at uni, if i can't get into or change my mind about computer science, is forensic science. I am currently picking year 11 subjects and was wondering if biology was required or recommended? If so that would mean i am likely to do biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, advanced English, maths extension 1 and economics. I am a pretty well achieving student generally getting mid to high 80's or low to mid 90's in exams with minimal to no study, but am worried the work load will be too large. Based on my results do you think i am capable? Also i know i cannot breeze through year 11 and 12 and will definitely study harder.

Is kind of urgent and any help appreciated.

si2136

HSC
N/A
There are no prerequisites for Forensic Science. By searching online, Bio, Chem and Maths is recommended. And any subject choice can get you 99.95.

HSC
Biology is a really interesting subject but is quite time consuming Im pretty sure its the longest syllabus in the HSC. But then you get to learn about so many different things and if you are someone who rote learns easily as seems to be the case from what you've said then you shouldn't find biology too difficult. And remember if you do chose bio and end up hating it you only need 10 units to get an atar and having it written as a year 11 subject on your report is good as it shows that you have some knowledge on the basic topics.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'd say do chem, bio is not really something to be really worried about during forensics, I mean you'll have to use it yeah, but the bulk would be chemistry.

igotoschool

HSC
not sure about pre-requisites, talk to teachers/find out online about that. But biology is a really content filled subject. So, it requires time and concentration, as said above, good if you're into ROTE learning. Check out the syllabus- lots of super interesting things- but also look at past papers. You can do really well if you know the content in relation to the syllabus and answer the question HOW THEY WANT! This is usually where students lose marks.
In summary, if the subject interests you, go for it, and STAY THE F ON TOP OF IT, will save you so much time later. constant revision is key

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)