Biology in focus: is this book really needed for notes? (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
I was just wondering if Biology in Focus is worth using as part of bio notes, because it's way too detailed and most of the time it's irrelevant to others notes on BOS and Heinemann biology....any suggestions?

I've bought it, that's why I want to know.

Schoey93

HSC
I was just wondering if Biology in Focus is worth using as part of bio notes, because it's way too detailed and most of the time it's irrelevant to others notes on BOS and Heinemann biology....any suggestions?

I've bought it, that's why I want to know.
I bloody well hope Biology in Focus is relevant because I have to use it for prelim and HSC at MCK. That's going to be a bitch if it's just babble:confused:

jet

Banned
HSC
Biology in focus, I've found, is an excellent textbook. You need it to be detailed; why wouldn't it be? In order to receive a band 6 in biology you need that level of rigour which Biology in Focus provides.

You made a good purchase.

luvtads

HSC
I use Biology in focus for making notes its really helpful and follows the syllabus quite well. Our school uses NSW Biology and in comparison i find Biology in focus heaps better :)

mioumiou

HSC
So which Biology textbook is the best?

1. Heinemann
2. Jacaranda
3. Spotlight
4. Biology in Context
5. Biology in Focus
6. Others (please list them)

jet

Banned
HSC
Heinemann sucks in my opinion.

Biology in Context and Biology in focus supplement each other nicely. Also, Context comes with my option which was a good thing.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Heinemann sucks in my opinion.

Biology in Context and Biology in focus supplement each other nicely. Also, Context comes with my option which was a good thing.
Hmm, very interesting. I have the direct opposite opinion of yours: Heinemann is awesome which Biology in Context sucks balls. You're the >99 guy though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)