Biology Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
  • investigate the use of data analysis from a large-scale collaborative project to identify trends, patterns and relationships, for example:
    • the use of population genetics data in conservation management
    • population genetics studies used to determine the inheritance of a disease or disorder
    • population genetics relating to human evolution

What do you guys have for this dot point lmao
which module is that from?

SASH_06_X

HSC
For all those doing the Biology HSC tomorrow, who did the 2022 HSC Biology Paper (as practice) recently, what did you all get for raw marks? I'm just asking in comparison to see if I'm above or below what I should be getting...

I got 84
Got 88 lol

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
my notes have case studies regarding population management
so for conservation i have the cheetah and using genetic markers to track genetic variation, genome wide association studies for disease and disorder and replacement hypothesis for human evolution

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
my notes have case studies regarding population management
so for conservation i have the cheetah and using genetic markers to track genetic variation, genome wide association studies for disease and disorder and replacement hypothesis for human evolution
damn how did i miss getting case studies for that dp

eh still have plenty of time

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MHC I AND MHC II ????
MHC II is expressed on antigen-presenting cells (B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells), MHC I is expressed by any cell with a nucleus. MHC I presents antigens that are intracellular while MHC II presents antigens that are extracellular (and are thus part of cell-mediated immunity)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
MHC II is expressed on antigen-presenting cells (B cells, macrophages, dendritic cells), MHC I is expressed by any cell with a nucleus. MHC I presents antigens that are intracellular while MHC II presents antigens that are extracellular (and are thus part of cell-mediated immunity)
do u have to know this wtf

SASH_06_X

HSC
bro wth that isn't even in my textbook or my notes-
ugh it's too late to remember this with all the revising i've already got to do 😭 so MHC I AND II just have to stuff it

Retrodawn

HSC
any ideas on what the 2 7-9 markers gonna be on? they usually put a large one on epidemiology but what are the other alternatives?

SASH_06_X

HSC
any ideas on what the 2 7-9 markers gonna be on? they usually put a large one on epidemiology but what are the other alternatives?
pharamceuticals/adaptive immune system/effectiveness of technologies to assist disorders

SASH_06_X

HSC
or one of those pestiliential scenario based 7-9 markers such as " EGFR mutations are present in about 32% of cases of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (the most common type of lung cancer). Explain how a mutation in the EGFR gene could result in changes in protein structure and function to increase the risk of lung cancer." (yh so this was in last yr 's paper so this years one might be on scenario based one from heredity or infectious diseases i think)

Pollypopkin

HSC
guys how do u make a graph for allele frequency I’m trying to do a past paper from cssa and I don’t even know where to start

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
x axis (independent variable) is the generation
y axis (dependent variable) is the allele frequency

make sure that you use crosses, and a line of best fit, as well as having a suitable scale that ensures the graph covers at least half the available given space

goodcat911

HSC
is it fine if we use pens and dont use rulers for punnett squares and tables that we include in responses (e.g i wanna have a punnett square in a 7 marker)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)